Time to hang up my metal detector & its killing me.

georgeinuk

How sad for me, after 40 years of detecting in Zimbabwe, Malawi, Canada, Germany and UK, the time I dreaded in life has arrived. I must hang up my MD . With finds totaling over 400,000 pounds sterling, I retired at the age of 55 and pursued my hobby full time. It was bliss.
Now my back has packed up,just like that. Can't stand for more than 5 mts. or able to walk. The doctors are seeing what can be done. I shall keep my fingers crossed.

In the mean time, I shall keep reading this forum, wish you all good hunting and a very good health to you all.

May whoever you believe in, bless and keep you well.
Good hunting to each and one of you.

Georgeinuk.

Last edited:
Im sorry to hear about your medical difficulties. I was lucky to find a passion for MDing after I had my hip replacement and had to take a step back from my previous physical activities. Keep the hope going and maybe someday you will be able to come back to it.

Hello and welcome to the forum! I wish you the best of luck with your back and I hope that the doctors can find some answers for you. In the meantime. keep hanging around here with us. Take care.

Sorry to hear you are having back problems, it can be frustrating I know. With all the years experience you have though, I hope you will enjoy the forum and give you input to beginners like me. After 40 years of MDing, You know doubt have a wealth of information to share.

Wow !!
Really sorry to hear about your health problems ..I hope things get better ..

$400,000 lbs sterling must be some nice little pile...
If you need a dump truck to haul it give me a ring :)

I am brand new to this but trying to place myself in your shoes....how about a moterized chair and bring someone to dig upon your finds? I wish you the very best and im sure your in all our prayers... Take care, there is only one you.

Best wishes, and glad to know there is another veteran digger to look to for information.

I have gained a wealth of info from the verterans and look forward to your input.

Sounds like you have had a great career. I am truly sorry to hear that you have to "hang things up". I have a minor spinal cord injury that kept me out of the hobby for a year plus. I am now back to swinging, but it is only for short periods of time once or twice a week at best. Hopefully your doctors will be able to help you in some way!

Doug

Welcome to the forum from Virginia, I hate to hear of your back troubles I have had some in the past. I hope the doctor can help your condition, best of luck for your recovery!

Damn Shame

Sorry to here about your medical woes.hope help is forthcoming.Maybe you can share some photo,s of your MD,ing career highlights with us?
Regards,
Dave

Sorry to hear your not doing well. Back problems are no fun but aren't always the end. I hope the doctors can find a fix for you.

By the way, I'm always up for checking out finds, even if you dug them up 20 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom