Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro Metal Detector

Lostandfound

Hello Looking for your opinions, Pro an Cons on the Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro Metal Detector. I was told by a dealer to stay away from them. Said nothing but problems. Such as moisture getting into the circuit board and always problems. I just purchased one and have not opened it yet. Thinking about maybe sending it back. I have a chance to get a Whites dfx with a 16 month warranty for a great price 600.00. Please let me know.

Thanks

Hello Looking for your opinions, Pro an Cons on the Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro Metal Detector. I was told by a dealer to stay away from them. Said nothing but problems. Such as moisture getting into the circuit board and always problems. I just purchased one and have not opened it yet. Thinking about maybe sending it back. I have a chance to get a Whites dfx with a 16 month warranty for a great price 600.00. Please let me know.

Thanks

to answer your question....

YES TAKE THE DFX! THATS A STEAL!

happy BH Time Ranger owner here !

hello,

I have one for the past two years and I have had no problems at all with it.

I enjoy its capabilities, its features, I have three coils for it, I like its strenght.

I take it with me to never hunted places before returning with my Minelab Explorer SE or my Fisher F75 wich ID targets better and deeper.

But if you have never hunted before, the BH Time Ranger is a very nice unit to start with.

If you have the extra money to stretch to the DFX price and want to never regret for "settling" for the BH Time Ranger, please return it and get that Whites

I have hunted awith a time ranger for about a year with no problems and found a lot of stuff. Howerver, the DFX is a much suoerior machine in my opinion. There is a learning curve with every machine, get the DFX and give it some patience and I believe you will be more than pleased.

Go with the DFX. BH's are toys.
Yes I agree also Tater, my toy has found many killer finds. In fact my son with our toy TrackerIV found a 1881 Indian Head penny, along with a gold rind and a silver ring. My 505 has found enough clad coins to make you sick, I have yet to find silver with it but I think it's because I have het to put the coil over them. So you see the Bounty Hunter line are not toys in any manner of the word.

My BH Discovery 3300 has found over $500 in clad alone over 2 years. Not to mention the occasional gold and silver jewelry and gold coin that I found last year which was an awesome find. I wish I had a toy like that when i was a kid! :yes:

Look, Here's the deal. Bounty Hunters are not toys (imho). There are many of us that use them and really like them. There may be questions on the issue of quality control which let odd bad unit thru here and there. I suspect this may be the reason for some scathing reviews that pop up here and there. Personally, I really like mine (Tracker IV). However; mine cost me 92.50 brand new.

I think the bigger issue for you is what you paid for yours. I'm not familiar with the Time Ranger. But I notice that the average going price is getting up there. That price range (300.00 +) easily puts you in reach of some very fine, quality machines.

Then again, if you don't try it, You'll never know.

Whatever you decide, I hope it works out for you and look forward to seeing your finds here on the board :cheers:

Thanks for all the input. I sent back the Bounty Hunter and will pick up the Whites dfx on Monday. I need to learn how to use it before I go to Mexico in three weeks.
Is there any advise for taking the detector on a plane? Any problems with security that you may know of.

Go with the DFX. BH's are toys.

Jason... I started detecting with a Radioshack (bounty hunter) detector and I can assure you they are not toys... they may not have all the bells and whistles some of the top of the line detectors do but they will find good stuff... just look at what some of our members post with their detectors... we all start somewhere....

Lost... if you are planning on water hunting down there I would get a dedicated beach machine I would not take a non waterproof machine into the water... just takes 1 drop or a trickle of water down the shaft to ruin your day...

I see you have returned the BH already. I have a Ranger and my brother uses a White's Prizm. I consistently fine things he misses. The Time Ranger also has different beeps to alert you. I've used my 202 with some pro's also, and its found things the big one's couldn't. Bear in mind, I am skilled and intuition plays a big part. I'll follow my hunches and usually find more than those using just the detector alone.

Hey Lost!

It's pretty much already been said.

I have the BH 505 and it's great in the dry stuff. No good on wet sand, falses all over the place.

Go with the DFX if you can or even the MXT if you need to watch the $$$$.:D

Luck to ya!

Bounty Hunters are certainly not toys. However, if your budget will fit, the DFX is a great machine at the price you mentioned above.

Back
Top Bottom