Five cents richer

brhitch

Well, had a chance to get the Ace 250 out on my lunch break today. Hit the river park in the town I work. No crowds this time of year. Ground was a little hard. Need a better digger than the composite one that came with my ACE. found a 2006 Nickel, a shell casing (have yet to clean it to see what caliber), pulltab, some aluminum, and what appears to be a hot rock. Not bad for just about 30 minutes.

Attachments

• 122909RiverPark.jpg
    122909RiverPark.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 229
nice dude, yeah i broke that plastic digger that came with my ace in the first two hours, the next day i went and bought a lesche digger from a local prospecting/metal detector store here in orange county, man those things are sweet, cost like 45 bucks, but it looks like it will last forever - matt

Meager finds are better than no finds. I found that same amount in a quick 15 minute hunt around swings to show relatives it actually works. Winter finds are more admirable, though. Buy a Lesche digger, and don't look back. HH

Good start, at least you got out there and got some experience under your belt, it'll keep getting better. It's good that you found different things so you can start noticing differences with how they ring up on the ACE. Keep it up!

Nice start!

Brian,

Way to go on your first hunt! My Ace 250 is in my truck when I'm out working-and lunch is the perfect time to hit the dirt. My son and I broke our Ace digger the first day as well...The ground was a little frozen and it snapped at the bottom.

Keep us posted on your finds.

Steve from Seattle

Buy a Lesche digger, and don't look back. HH

AMEN! Best $45 bucks I ever spent!

Some people will argue against spending that much, but $20 here for a cheap digger, and another $25 there, THEN they get a Lesche, puts them in the hole one Lesche. And these things last!! Good choice my friend, you won't regret it! HH
NC

There's got to be some charity somewhere where we
can all contribute our composite diggers.

Those of use who haven't broken them yet of course.
In other words, those who haven't used them yet.

Happy hunting Brhitch. (don't want to say your name
too fast, it sounds disrespectful)

Back
Top Bottom