Seems like when I am too sick to detect, I mess with
firearms.

I had a problem with a Taurus 22. I hated them for a
long time. I still had a few reservations, but, today, I
had a chance to buy a not even broken in good Taurus
P99 AFS for $300.00. It still has the warranty card and
is just 6 months old.

I told him I never paid more than $300 for a gun. I guess
he was desperate for the money, because he took it,,,,?

That scared me a little, but I know who he is,

8-10-1.jpg

8-10-2.jpg

I don't think I need to worry.

I found the pistol to have never been cleaned good, and
it was dry as a bone. No harm because there is just barely
enough ware so I can tell where to grease it at. After I
cleaned and greased it, it racks much more smoothly.

I shot 50 rounds of the worst and cheapest ammo I could
find and this pistol shot like a champ. I'm broke, or I would
have got more,,, lol. It has a nice low recoil and is spot on
at 50 feet. That's as far as I got.

Thanks fer lookin yawl,

Never been much of a Taurus fan myself but that stainless looks pretty. Congrats on the new toy. My last new one is the Ruger Charger. have'nt had time to play with it much though. WOLF

congrats on the new toy I have been know to carry a Taurus a time or two always been good to me. But my true love has to be my Kimber Ultra CDP II but that is just me enjoy

Todays Taurus is something different than Taurus as had been in last century. Much better in quality
Congratulation at your new pistol.
Personally I'm a sixwheel advocate

Looks good from here and its made of metal :shock: :waytogo:
I think you got a good deal there!

Taurus is made to S&W specs.I don't think they try to cut corners and our training academy got some with a lot of speculations from the instructors.Last report i got was they were really impressed with the firearms and customer service.

Todays Taurus is something different than Taurus as had been in last century. Much better in quality
Congratulation at your new pistol.
Personally I'm a sixwheel advocate

Interesting statement, karel. I think of shooters in Europe as being strictly auto pistol shooters. I happen to like single action revolvers by Colt and Ruger above all other handguns.

OT

tabdog, I know one gunsmith who claims the Taurus version of this Beretta design is a better gun. Claims there are no inferior metal issues with the Taurus and Taurus has not incorporated a few design changes Beretta has done over the years that shooters do not like. Like safety/decocker on the slide.

I like the Taurus version.

OT

Is that stainless? When I got my stainless Ruger Redhawk, they recommended that I get a special lube for stainless guns, which I've always used. Apparently, some lubes can cause galling, which they showed me an example of with a gun in the store. The pulled back the slide on a stainless automatic, and it sounded and felt like there was dirt in the action.

-- Tom

Is that stainless? When I got my stainless Ruger Redhawk, they recommended that I get a special lube for stainless guns, which I've always used. Apparently, some lubes can cause galling, which they showed me an example of with a gun in the store. The pulled back the slide on a stainless automatic, and it sounded and felt like there was dirt in the action.

-- Tom

Tom, those rough guns in the store are rough to begin with. Some stainless guns come through very course. S&W 1911s are pretty good in stainless as are most stainless auto pistols today. The older S&Ws were awful.

Most galling occurs during manufacture and makers have since learned to machine stainless very well. Ruger was an industry leader in this department 30 years ago.

Today there are many good lubes that handle stainless and carbon steel. If you have a rough action, best to deburr and smooth it yourself at home.

OT

OLD TOWN : Yeap, you're right. As I noted most of shooters on the range keep automatic pistols. Revolvers are seen oftener when target shooting.
Don't know why but I prefer double action revolvers a bit more.

Tom, those rough guns in the store are rough to begin with. Some stainless guns come through very course. S&W 1911s are pretty good in stainless as are most stainless auto pistols today. The older S&Ws were awful.

Most galling occurs during manufacture and makers have since learned to machine stainless very well. Ruger was an industry leader in this department 30 years ago.

Today there are many good lubes that handle stainless and carbon steel. If you have a rough action, best to deburr and smooth it yourself at home.

OT

Hay Old Town,

I learned years ago to deburr my auto's. All it usually takes is a
little real fine sand paper and sometimes some steel wool.

I shy away from the dermmel tools. They get away from me.

And I have used stainless steel grease for years on all my
autos,

8-11-1.jpg

8-11-2.jpg

Happy Huntin,

Love it Tab! :yes: I sold my Taurus PT24/7 .40 to a buddy back in Virginia... not a huge Taurus fan, but for the price, I'd love to get a PT1911 Custom... in a .45 naturally :)

poptop, a loaded magazine in a gun will get you arrested just about everywhere in a traffic stop. Hope the chamber is empty, at least.

OT

Maniac, what kind of tree trimmers are you holding? I'm not familiar with every military service rifle in Europe.

OT

poptop, a loaded magazine in a gun will get you arrested just about everywhere in a traffic stop. Hope the chamber is empty, at least.

OT

Not in South Carolina. You can have a loaded pistol in the glove box with out a permit to carry as long as you are not a convicted felon. The magazine is in my Ar15 for the picture. The ammo can is in the corner of the trunk with the Magazines. Long guns can be carried with no special permit required. I do have my Concealed Weapons Permit. Even if it were Illegal my thought is... Better to be alive and judged by 12 than dead and carried by 6.

I have 10 years as a Deputy Sheriff.
Now I am a Private Investigator and a Captain with AP Security Services doing personal security.

HH

Doug

Back
Top Bottom