North Texas

Jeff Kinzli

Forum Supporter
Hey all, long time detectorist here, I started the Calfornia Metal Detecting forum about 20 years ago and met all sorts of great people in CA where I lived all my life. Well recently I went through a divorce, my mom passed away, and I found out I had cancer (and subsequently treated it at MD Anderson in Houston). I liked TX so much I ended up moving to the Fort Worth area.

Now that I'm here (and I absolutely LOVE Texas!), I'm ready to get myself out detecting again. There's tons of parks here, and many of them are old. I love park shooting and cruising for deep silver, so I'm ready to hit it hard. I'm looking for someone like minded that would be interested in researching and sampling the literally hundreds of parks that are in the Fort Worth area.

I'm not opposed to traveling to good spots either. I spend some time in Austin for work, and so I could meet anywhere between the DFW and Austin area easily as well.

I'm a Minelab guy, used Sovereigns and Explorers for years, now a CTX3030.

Anyone up for getting together, hunting, talking, whatever?

Welcome from Pennsylvania. GL with your CA problem and happy hunting. I am a seven year cancer survivor and am still cancer free. Enjoy every day.

Welcome Jeff!!

So glad you are doing better now.

Wow! Texas is a big move for a California grown boy! :D

Hope to see you around the Forum here!

Hi Jeffrie!!!

So glad you joined us, but sad to hear about your divorce and illness. Sounds like
you recovered though, so that is good.

How on earth could you prefer the DFW area over Santa Cruz? Have you gone soft in the head? ;) :laughing:

Are you still working for Cisco, or did you retire? Is the Kinzli forum still going? What's happened to MT, the Agile one and the rest of the gang?

Are you still brewing beer?

Sorry to hit you with so many questions, but you know me. :D

Hi Jeffrie!!!

So glad you joined us, but sad to hear about your divorce and illness. Sounds like

How on earth could you prefer the DFW area over Santa Cruz? Have you gone soft in the head? ;) :laughing:

Are you still working for Cisco, or did you retire? Is the Kinzli forum still going? What's happened to MT, the Agile one and the rest of the gang?

Until Jeff responds Rudy, I am sorry to let you know MT has passed on. His son posted on the Kinzli Forum. :no::(

Welcome Jeff! Glad you’re where you are in your journey of life, sounds like a calm after a storm. I signed up on your forum a little bit ago but started here and stayed here.

Welcome aboard!

- Jeff

Welcome from near Waxahachie TX area.

Hello, and thank you. I went to El Mexicano in Waxahachie, numerous times. Great little restaurant. I also love all the old houses there. There must be some great hunting in/around there, and its on my list to visit with my detector. Interested in meeting up some time?

Welcome Jeff!!

So glad you are doing better now.

Wow! Texas is a big move for a California grown boy! :D

Hope to see you around the Forum here!

Hi Ron, thank you, and yes, it was a big move but I'm so glad I did. I have been looking for a reason to get out of CA for a while! I'll be around here, looking for more people like myself to hunt with and do some digging...this is a good forum!

Hi Jeffrie!!!

Hello Rudy, nice to see you again. Its been a very rough year, but 2019 has to be better. I'm in Fort Worth, which is a nice place because I can be in the city in a few minutes, or in the country in a few minutes. Cost of living is low, people are super friendly, gun laws are fantastic, and I just love the place. Close to DFW and because I travel so much, very convenient to be in the center of the country near a very major airport.

Still at Cisco, yes. Forum is still going. As Ron said, unfortunately MT passed away on Christmas eve :(

I haven't brewed any beer lately - probably won't for a while - my health is my priority and while I love to brew, don't need all the beer around for now. I love to do low-n-slow BBQ though, so I'll be doing a lot of that here.

Take good care...

Hello Rudy, nice to see you again. Its been a very rough year, but 2019 has to be better. I'm in Fort Worth, which is a nice place because I can be in the city in a few minutes, or in the country in a few minutes. Cost of living is low, people are super friendly, gun laws are fantastic, and I just love the place. Close to DFW and because I travel so much, very convenient to be in the center of the country near a very major airport.

Still at Cisco, yes. Forum is still going. As Ron said, unfortunately MT passed away on Christmas eve :(

I haven't brewed any beer lately - probably won't for a while - my health is my priority and while I love to brew, don't need all the beer around for now. I love to do low-n-slow BBQ though, so I'll be doing a lot of that here.

Take good care...

So sorry to hear about MT.

Lo-n-slow BBQ sounds delicious. If you don't feel like waiting, try some brisket and ribs at a nearby County Line restaurant. I think they have one in the Dallas area. ;)

So sorry to hear about MT.

Lo-n-slow BBQ sounds delicious. If you don't feel like waiting, try some brisket and ribs at a nearby County Line restaurant. I think they have one in the Dallas area. ;)

So much good BBQ here, Rudy! I have to say mine is better (of course) :lol: but there is an awful lot of good food here!

Hello, and thank you. I went to El Mexicano in Waxahachie, numerous times. Great little restaurant. I also love all the old houses there. There must be some great hunting in/around there, and its on my list to visit with my detector. Interested in meeting up some time?

That sounds like a plan! Hopefully one day soon it will stop raining long enough for the ground to dry up, I am not sure how it is over your way but it’s been mud here for nearly a month. There are a good many parks round here several are pretty old and while picked over you can still pull some good stuff if you work at it.

Hey Mr. Kinzli! Welcome to Texas. I moved here from Orange county in 2012. I live in Dallas now. I was on the California forum starting back in 2003. I was oknorom, then DanaPointMike. Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. I wish you luck in your future hunts. I’ve not been hunting lately due to fatigue and arthritis, but I’ve been meaning to get out so perhaps we could meet up one day. I’ve never hunted Ft. Worth and have always wanted to.
Take care

Back
Top Bottom