Seven Whole Grams of Goodness

Numil

Elite Member
Hello everyone, I got out a couple of times this week and while I wasn't detecting I think I may have screwed up. More at the end of this post:

Haven't been finding much but did score a bunch of junk bling and what I'm calling - the new matchbox car of the beach, a fidget spinner (second one I've found. Also ran into Capt Morgan who you will see in the pics who was just hanging at the beach. Hopefully he'll be a good luck piece for me.

Then yesterday I went out and found a clunker in the scoop. A 7 gram 14K wedding band with no ID inside or out. Just a makers mark and the 14K stamp. Clearly a recent drop (at the edge of the dry and wet sand). Capt Morgan says "Yo Ho matey she be all yours" and so I pocketed the trinket. Enjoy the pics, and thanks for looking for I may not be getting out near as much as I have been. Because of my own damn stupidity. Read below if you dare.... and let it be a warning. Palm to forehead (What was I thinking!)

I've retired twice in my life, once from the US Air Force and from the University I was working at after that. I've been substitute teaching the last couple of years. The last month or so former colleagues have been asking if I would apply for a open position and I stupidly did just that thinking I would satisfy them and I wouldn't get the position (basic science teacher). Without even trying I've made the cut to the last three

Attachments

• Junkers1.jpg
    Junkers1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 535
  • junkers2.jpg
    junkers2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 523
  • junkers3.jpg
    junkers3.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 541
  • Gold1.jpg
    Gold1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 556
  • Gold2.jpg
    Gold2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 553
  • GOld4.jpg
    GOld4.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 520
  • Gold3.jpg
    Gold3.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 513
Nice ring A beautiful find.

You made the cut to the final 3. Doesn't mean you have to accept. If you really want to retire, call them or write them and withdraw your application.

Nice variety of stuff there, congrats on the gold!

I've retired twice myself and once in a while I get the urge to maybe go back to work... until I remember how much I like being able to go where & when I want to instead of waiting for days off. Plus my husband likes me home because I tend to actually cook supper every night now that I'm not working anywhere else.

that's some great hunting there, congrats on the gold and on not getting swash-buckled by Morgan, lol.
and i agree with Scuba, if you really want to retire, i'm sure you still can! i know i'd be GONE!!! ;)

:dingding: Congrats on the nice piece of yellow and good luck getting the job you don't want! :lol: We're having a REALLY hard time filling science positions in South Florida.

Nice ring A beautiful find.

You made the cut to the final 3. Doesn't mean you have to accept. If you really want to retire, call them or write them and withdraw your application.

There's more to the story than all that's listed here. I could use the extra $$$ and my wife is getting ready to retire as she's facing ... how should I say this... life challenges and the benefits would be worth more than the pay. Oh well some times your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Nice variety of stuff there, congrats on the gold!

I've retired twice myself and once in a while I get the urge to maybe go back to work... until I remember how much I like being able to go where & when I want to instead of waiting for days off. Plus my husband likes me home because I tend to actually cook supper every night now that I'm not working anywhere else.

I really miss teaching. The kids keep you young at least of mind if not of body. I'll keep you guys posted as to what happens. I still have time to waffel about what to do.

that's some great hunting there, congrats on the gold and on not getting swash-buckled by Morgan, lol.
and i agree with Scuba, if you really want to retire, i'm sure you still can! i know i'd be GONE!!! ;)

I could go back for a year or two but with the Mrs to think about and her gentle urging to go back to work I'll have to see how it plays out.

:dingding: Congrats on the nice piece of yellow and good luck getting the job you don't want! :lol: We're having a REALLY hard time filling science positions in South Florida.

Maybe I should come to work for you Felix! Truth is their short on science teachers just about everywhere. I can make twice what a teacher makes by just going to work in a lab. But I detest lab work... If I did work for ya then we could sneak out early and head to the beach for some quality detecting time. I'll keep my options open for now. Good luck and happy hunting

Wow! That is some very fine hunting! Seven beautiful grams indeed! Congrats! :thumbsup:

Congarats to you! :egyptian::egyptian::egyptian:

Thank you for your service in the Air Force.

Negotiate your salary well.

R5

you teachers are a rare breed... I cant stand my own kids most of the time, I wouldnt be able to tolerate anyone elses! :lol:

Oh, my kids are in the late 20's to mid 30's

Maybe I should come to work for you Felix! Truth is their short on science teachers just about everywhere. I can make twice what a teacher makes by just going to work in a lab. But I detest lab work... If I did work for ya then we could sneak out early and head to the beach for some quality detecting time. I'll keep my options open for now. Good luck and happy hunting

:dontthinkso::no2::nah: I want competition to move out not in! :lol:

you teachers are a rare breed... I cant stand my own kids most of the time, I wouldnt be able to tolerate anyone elses! :lol:

Oh, my kids are in the late 20's to mid 30's

I hear you there. I love my kids to death but with a teenager and 3 youngens running around MDing is my temporary escape from the insanity. Sometimes I think about reenlisting again and volunteering to head over to the middle east just to relax again. Not sure the USAF would take back a 45 year old even if I had 10 years in already. Think I'm beyond the cutoff now.

congrats on the gold
I found the same captain Morgan here in Florida.

I have been talking about the same thing retiring. We meet with a business broker last week for the second time. He wants to give my business away so I can retire.

Uhm... Yeah, you're going to probably make the cut, and then get the job, too. If you don't want it, best thing to do is to retract your application, and simply tell them that.

I've done that TWICE in my career. Best decisions I ever made. Totally pissed off one recruiter who was yelling at me at the end of the phone call, telling me all kinds of things about my personality traits and character. Something just didn't feel right about the job, so I bailed before the last interview with the CEO of the small company. Less than a year later, my career took off in my current job. THAT felt right. :)

Go with your gut, man. If you're retired, picking up a science teaching job is not a "Cake-walk" position. As a former school teacher, I can tell you the three jobs in the school that I wouldn't want are #1 Principal. #2 Science Teacher. and #3 English Teacher.

The class sizes make it darn near impossible to have a life after any quiz/test/exam. You'll spend your whole freaking life grading papers, and planning lessons. Plus, as a science teacher, you'll deal a LOT with parents who complain their child (who isn't paying attention or studying) isn't doing "well" in your class.

Best comment I ever made to an irate parent on the phone when she called to ask why "is my child making a C in your class!" I responded, "Because I was generous."

It wasn't a joke, it was just a plain answer. There was a brief pause and then a totally different mom on the other end of the phone. One who was REALLY nice after that. LOL

Unless you really need that crappy paycheck, stick with substituting.

:)

Cheers!
Skippy

Back
Top Bottom