Merlin’s Christening Scores the Hand Made Gold!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
The weather the last couple of days has been overcast with some occasional heavy rains. In fact, that was the forecast for today and for the next few days. However, I love hunting on these type of days as you stay cool and there are less people to negotiate when going through the water. Low tide was to be just before 11am and the surf report seemed good so that made a hunt today with my now completely refurbished Merlin a go. Even though I had scored a gold before that was mainly during “test phases” trying to work out all the quirks of a machine that was rough and had a lot of work done on it. I prefer the Sand Shark when I go to South Beach but I just had give Merlin a shot. ("Put me in coach!")

When I parked my car at 7:30 am I almost went back for my sunglasses but I looked off in the distance towards the beach and saw that everything was gray and overcast so I left them. When I got to the beach the surf was almost as calm as it was on Memorial Day. I did not notice any decent areas to work, but I was just happy being out there getting in one of my few last hunts before I leave on another over month long hike in Spain in a few days. Two hours into the hunt, it started to rain and it was heavy as the drops pelted my headphones. :rain: The ocean got choppier as well from the enveloping bad weather that started to surround me. It’s around this time that lightning struck, not literally, but figuratively. I was working a target in a bit deeper section when on the 1st scoop it did not come up. I scan the hole again and hear a bit of sound so I scoop again. I look in the scoop and see :dingding: I actually got pumped up and said “YEAH!” :clapping: So now Merlin, in its final form, is officially christened with the yellow.

I ran into about 5 other :pirates: and talked to a couple but they hadn’t scored. I hunted for another 3 hours in all sorts of rainy conditions before finishing the last 20-30 minutes in a section of wet sand to dry off a bit. That’s where all the greenies came from. At home, I was happy to see that the darkened foreign coin that I cleaned was a 5¢ Euro. That’ll help pay for my 1st espresso in Spain in about 10 days along with a bunch of others that I have saved. Finding that gold today on Merlin’s 1st official hunt was just amazing. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 6-3-17.jpg
    6-3-17.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 478
  • 6-3-17 Ring.jpg
    6-3-17 Ring.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 470
  • 6-3-17 Euro (1).jpg
    6-3-17 Euro (1).jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 468
  • 6-3-17 Euro (2).jpg
    6-3-17 Euro (2).jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 469
  • 6-3-17 Fits.jpg
    6-3-17 Fits.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 472
nice finds,merlin has the magic, princess leia the force. now youll be unstopable. have a great trip.

That's a Beauty, Sure wish I could find a ring that fits!! :tissue:

Congrats on the gold! Are you taking Merlin on the trip across the pond?

Dude, if I did that I would NEVER make it back home from all the digging I would have to do. Since I will be trekking the northern coast of Spain for a large part of my hike, I will undoubtedly wish I had it with me for all those lustful beaches I will be by and possibly visit. :(

Dude, if I did that I would NEVER make it back home from all the digging I would have to do. Since I will be trekking the northern coast of Spain for a large part of my hike, I will undoubtedly wish I had it with me for all those lustful beaches I will be by and possibly visit. :(

How about all those open fields and pathways that people have been walking down since before Columbus... even Inca gold is possible

How about all those open fields and pathways that people have been walking down since before Columbus... even Inca gold is possible

I'll be even on old Roman roads.

Super cool hallmark Felix first one like that I have seen and great job on the Gold! :cool:

Looks like you had one hell of a hunt. A lot of heavy objects came up, looks like you were definitely in the right area. Congrats on the gold!

Back
Top Bottom