Little tiny green emeralds

DaMangRon

Forum Supporter
So these came in a huge coin lot I bought several months ago and they have been just sitting in my toolbox. I know this is a stretch asking on a MDing forum but does anyone know if these have any value? I don't have a scale that's small enough to weigh them :( 14 total.

Thanks for any info you can share.

Attachments

• 20141130_172800.jpg
    20141130_172800.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 601
  • 20141130_172733.jpg
    20141130_172733.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 576
The price has not fluctuated from what I last told you. If your just looking to get rid of them to someone that can use em I'd take em for use in the far future, but I'd probably shape my own :P

KT will tell you, they are what is called emerald melee in the trade...true emeralds but typical very small...used as side stones to accent larger high quality stones like diamonds, etc. Seen these in wholesale packs of 40 or so for $20 at the Tucson gem and mineral show, so 50 cents each is a good estimate. Too bad you can't weigh them...My scale will weigh out to .001 carats....guessing you got about 15 points or so.... 0.15 carats...just a guess.

KT will tell you, they are what is called emerald melee in the trade...true emeralds but typical very small...used as side stones to accent larger high quality stones like diamonds, etc. Seen these in wholesale packs of 40 or so for $20 at the Tucson gem and mineral show, so 50 cents each is a good estimate. Too bad you can't weigh them...My scale will weigh out to .001 carats....guessing you got about 15 points or so.... 0.15 carats...just a guess.

My estimate was way off i think... I guess the internet sells them for a lot higher :P

Also that being tuscon pricing, the non tuscon pricing is sometimes double.

Back
Top Bottom