Minelab Excalibur

too many variables.

The old originals with horshoe coil, not much. They can't be repaired. Second model can still be worth $500, excal II $700-800. This is all dependant on condition and past use/abuse

I really don't want a water machine because I don't get in the water :).
But I could get this machine cheap and sale it and two of my others and get a machine that would be better for gold than my SE pro.

What color is the background in the electronics tube? That will tell you what version it is.

Here is photo,it has 71/2" coil

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 647
Oh wow, that's old! Those are often referred to as the "sword excalibur" because of the graphics on the housing. IS the coil round or shaped more like a horse shoe?

Ny sword model,

I got rid of mine a couple of years ago,got 500.00 trade in credit,and got a white's Surf pi Df,minelab won't repair them any longer,happy hunting Earl

the sword ny model

Came with a horse shoe shaped coil,the 8 tornado is a nice coil,i have a blue model with the 8 tornado,just want to let you know,it's not the original coil,you can still find people that will work on the machine,don't know if OBN work's on them,but wouldn't hurt to ask,later,Earl Ps the coil wire look's salted,clean with fresh water,then spray and wipe down with silicone spray!

Minelab only offers a 1 year warranty on these for a reason. They are great, but a lot of people who buy them ride them hard.

Because of it's age, I wouldn't give more than $100, if it's working correctly right now.

Too much of a risk for a machine that the manufacturer won't touch.

I'd go $300 or so if it worked correctly after extensive testing, and no corrosion.

I'd go $300 or so if it worked correctly after extensive testing, and no corrosion.

Really? With it's age it needs a complete overhaul to replace all the o-rings. All the wiring, especially the headphones, needs to be checked for breaks and cracks.

Those things cost money, unless you have a VERY good friend who knows how to do these.

They were asking $300 for the detector and sand scop and two batteries.

OK, this is a little different now. Depending on the scoop this could still be a good deal. A good scoop can cost $150 new, and it's VERY necessary for beach hunting.

Of course there are cheap scoops that aren't worth the cost of shipping, but post a pic of the scoop with some details about size, make, etc.

I could be switching this to a "buy" vote.

Back
Top Bottom