minelab or garrett at pro

I guess I will throw my two cents in, why not? I have used the AT Pro for a year now. I love my AT and am not dissapointed with my decision to go with it. I am curious about the E-Trac but will just have to stay that way for now. I love the versatility of the Pro because I also fresh water hunt. I hunt in the rain, the snow, the dry and this machine is a all terrain machine. If its over silver, gold, clad, whatever, it will find it. If not then I didnt need to find it. The standard coil is a little on the awkward side as far as weight distribution yes, the smaller 5 x8 coil makes it ride just fine. The heavier the trash the better the smaller coil comes into play. Is there silver deeper? Heck yes. Will the Minelab find the deeper stuff? Heck yes. The military uses Minelab for a reason. Choices and opinions are different from everyone, obviously. Truth is we all make a choice and always wonder at some point if we made the right one. The AT was right for me and still is. Will I upgrade at a point? Probably, but only because I'm curious.

Another vote for getting the Minelab fixed... who knows, it could only be $100 or so and then you have a top notch machine again.

Back
Top Bottom