Kellyco Options

choppadude

Forum Supporter
Does Kellyco sell any detectors WITHOUT having to get the options? I have seen a few units I like but don't need ay of the stuff in the "options"
Almost seems like the same deal as the car dealer throwing in the Rust prevention for next to nothing when you buy a new car.

Does Kellyco sell any detectors WITHOUT having to get the options? I have seen a few units I like but don't need ay of the stuff in the "options"
Almost seems like the same deal as the car dealer throwing in the Rust prevention for next to nothing when you buy a new car.

No, they don't.... and yes, it's the same sort of scam.

I didn't bother calling them because a hunting buddy of mine said they would not sell without or alter their packages. I called Bart at Big Boys he offered to sell me the AT Pro and the Lesche hand digger for a very good price. I ended up getting the spring AT Pro package without the long handle digger for a very good price as well. And I'm not getting paid for this endorsement, those who have dealt with Big Boys Hobbies already know that. Ofcourse I'll take a discount when I purchase a sniper coil.

Metal detector prices are set by the manufacturers via a vendor agreement, and are usually sold for the lowest allowable price. The vendors offer the extras as promotions, and absorb the loss.

My advice would be to contact some of the forum sponsors to see what they are offering. Usually you can get quality accessories instead of the junk, the promotions are better the bigger the purchase, usually. There was a post somewhere with a listing of all sponsors but I can't find it.

Also the brand of detector you are buying makes a difference, Tesoros will be offered with fewer promotions due to their pricing structure, others like Minelab or Whites can be more flexible with vendors on their uber priced detectors.

There are many very good to deal with sponsors on this forum. I have dealt with Rich at Backwoods Detectors, Bart from Big Boy Hobbies, Chuck at Indian Nations, NED, and even Kellyco. Call them and ask what kind of deal they can offer.

I only dealt with Dan at Kellyco when I need to get stuff.

I got an 11" DD for my F2 from them, with a coil cover, for $110 shipped. Pretty good!

One time they accidentally sent the wrong item. They ended up shipping out the right one before I shipped back the old one. They threw in a Fisher padded md case and a Fisher hat for the trouble.

They aren't bad in my book!

We can and will sell the unit without the accessories but there is no price difference. As pointed out, the dealers give the extras away for marketing purposes to sweeten the deal as the manufacturers dictate the lowest price we can sell the detectors for.

Give us a call and I am sure we can help you out. If nothing else, take the free stuff and sell it on eBay.

Dan

Manufactures set advertised prices. "MAP" Dealers can make better deals as long as it's not advertised for all to see. This is why most dealers tell you to call or email for the very best price. If a dealer doesn't deal then move on to another dealer.

call 3 or 4 sponsors and ask for their best price........you'll be surprised how much money you can save plus many will throw in good equipment (lesche, propointer etc...)

Yes we do!

You'll find all detector sellers will add value by including additional items. Give us a call or pm me and we'll give you a better deal.

Happy New Year to you!:p
407 699 8700

Back
Top Bottom