T2 SE vs. the Omega???

towzilla

Elite Member
Thinking about upgrading from my Omgea 8000 to the T2SE. What might "I expect. Is It that much harder to learn? Tones and ID's seem to be the same from what I've read. Looking for more depth on deeper coins. Any helpful comments appreciated.

I've heard that the Omega is better on coins than the T2. More accurate target ID and better frequency for coins. T2 has the upper hand with jewelry and relics.

Thinking about upgrading from my Omgea 8000 to the T2SE. What might "I expect. Is It that much harder to learn? Tones and ID's seem to be the same from what I've read. Looking for more depth on deeper coins. Any helpful comments appreciated.

Its much deeper and way more sensitive due to the added power and higher Freq. The BOOST mode in all metal is crazy deep!

Holler with questions or for a great deal!

so the boost is only for all metal and is it the same on a F75?, does not work in discrimination mode on either one?

I've used both and don't have the Omega 8000 anymore. The T2 SE is twice the machine of the Omega. Those who don't think so, didn't learn to use it correctly. I'm not going to say that the Omega 8000 isn't a good machine, that would just be !!!!!!!!. In my experience, the T2 SE is a much better machine. The O8000 was ok with coins down to about 8". The T2 SE found all the coins in the 9"-11" range that the O8000 just didn't hit. the T2 SE also finds all the small jewelry and buttons that the O8000 just blew right over. I also find a lot of real deep relics with the T2 SE. It's just a great all around machine.

I was frustrated with the T2 SE at first, but when I learned how to use it...all bets were off. Yeah, the Omega hits ok on coins...so did my Ace 350 (Honestly, I found more with the Ace 350 than I did my Omega 8000). Bottom line....the T2 SE is a deeper, more sensitive machine. The reason the numbers are all over the place for some people may be due to swing speed. Too fast or too slow of a swing can throw the numbers around a bit. I have no issues with erradic numbers. I only use the numbers for diggin' as a last resort. If you are going to dig by the numbers, you are going to miss a lot of stuff with ANY machine.

I used to go through machines like water, (White's, Garrett, Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics, Tesoro), trying to find the "perfect" machine for my needs, as I am primarily a coin and button shooter. I see other people going through machine after machine and I understand why they are buying/trading a new machine every few weeks. Well, the problem isn't the machine...it's the user. Simply look at the finds from people using the Omega 8000 and those using the T2 SE, that should help a little in your decision process. After all the "testing " I did on soooo many different units I finally realized that I am the reason that I'm not finding the stuff I want to find. I finally settled on two machines, the T2 SE for my main machine and the AT Pro for bad weather/back up. As soon as I stopped trying to find the "perfect" machine and simply LEARN the 2 that I have...I started kicking butt. I did a lot of research and reading up on the T2 SE. I realized that after about 30 hours of good use with the T2 SE I was finding DEEP coins and buttons left and right. I have HEAVILY mineralized soil here in NEPA and the T2 SE eats through it with no problems.

I was out hunting with a Minelab user the other day. He was using the new waterproof 3030 and I had my AT Pro. I decided to use the AT Pro because it was a muddy place and I didn't want to get the T2 SE all mudded up.We both found musketballs, flat buttons, Large Cents, jewelry, etc. Some people would say that the AT Pro could never keep up with the Minelab 3030...well it did that day. It's all about the user and his/her knowledge of their machine. Good luck with your decision and if you need any help just send me a message, seeing as I have used both machines.

Thanks Tanglefoot

I've used both and don't have the Omega 8000 anymore. The T2 SE is twice the machine of the Omega. Those who don't think so, didn't learn to use it correctly. I'm not going to say that the Omega 8000 isn't a good machine, that would just be !!!!!!!!. In my experience, the T2 SE is a much better machine. The O8000 was ok with coins down to about 8". The T2 SE found all the coins in the 9"-11" range that the O8000 just didn't hit. the T2 SE also finds all the small jewelry and buttons that the O8000 just blew right over. I also find a lot of real deep relics with the T2 SE. It's just a great all around machine.

I was frustrated with the T2 SE at first, but when I learned how to use it...all bets were off. Yeah, the Omega hits ok on coins...so did my Ace 350 (Honestly, I found more with the Ace 350 than I did my Omega 8000). Bottom line....the T2 SE is a deeper, more sensitive machine. The reason the numbers are all over the place for some people may be due to swing speed. Too fast or too slow of a swing can throw the numbers around a bit. I have no issues with erradic numbers. I only use the numbers for diggin' as a last resort. If you are going to dig by the numbers, you are going to miss a lot of stuff with ANY machine.

I used to go through machines like water, (White's, Garrett, Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics, Tesoro), trying to find the "perfect" machine for my needs, as I am primarily a coin and button shooter. I see other people going through machine after machine and I understand why they are buying/trading a new machine every few weeks. Well, the problem isn't the machine...it's the user. Simply look at the finds from people using the Omega 8000 and those using the T2 SE, that should help a little in your decision process. After all the "testing " I did on soooo many different units I finally realized that I am the reason that I'm not finding the stuff I want to find. I finally settled on two machines, the T2 SE for my main machine and the AT Pro for bad weather/back up. As soon as I stopped trying to find the "perfect" machine and simply LEARN the 2 that I have...I started kicking butt. I did a lot of research and reading up on the T2 SE. I realized that after about 30 hours of good use with the T2 SE I was finding DEEP coins and buttons left and right. I have HEAVILY mineralized soil here in NEPA and the T2 SE eats through it with no problems.

I was out hunting with a Minelab user the other day. He was using the new waterproof 3030 and I had my AT Pro. I decided to use the AT Pro because it was a muddy place and I didn't want to get the T2 SE all mudded up.We both found musketballs, flat buttons, Large Cents, jewelry, etc. Some people would say that the AT Pro could never keep up with the Minelab 3030...well it did that day. It's all about the user and his/her knowledge of their machine. Good luck with your decision and if you need any help just send me a message, seeing as I have used both machines.

Thas what I was looking for. I've been finding a lot with the O8000 and have also learned the machine over the last two years. Like you have slowed down and digging not just steady numbers but anything close and have done much better. Now its time to go back over everything with a deeper detector. Thanks, Mike

Another thing with the T2 SE. I have learned that there is NO need to have the sens cranked on this machine all the time. It works best when finely tuned, not just overloaded to look for only deep objects.

Back
Top Bottom