minelab- explorer II vs quattro mp and explorer se

grnpt_dtekr

im interested in purchasing one of these detectors, but wanted to know anyone who owns any of these models and their experience (pro and cons) with them.

my first choice is the explorer ii after reading many reviews on it, but wanted to know the diffs btwn the quattro mp and the explorer se-the newer version of the explorer.

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

The Quattro is quirky and not a user friendly detector. Good but can be difficult. The EX II is a great detector but again you have to be willing to learn it. Can be easy for some but takes some time for most. The SE as I have been testing out is better at pinpointing and over all manuvarabilty of the menus. A little lighter too. The EX II is a bit lower in price now but if you can go with the SE do it. It's the best EXplorer yet. Let me know if you need anymore help or give me acall nad we can discuss this in more detail.
Thanks
:yes:

Just got my SE yesterday.. and I'm very impressed with it so far. I haven't done any real-world tests yet (meaning no 'real' finds), since it's still frozen tundra where I live, but my initial testing, in the garage, seems real promising. Not to mention countless users saying "Buy the SE"... or "I was blown away with the depth of the SE". I think it'll be a good unit. I was originally using White's XLT, so the transition is going to be 'fun' between the two, since they're sooo different. But that was one of the reasons I wanted to purchase that.. to get a new experience.

DB

Back
Top Bottom