Ace 250 length?

Carol K

Co-owner
Admin
We got an email from a guy that is thinking of getting an Ace 250. He's 6 ft 7 inches. Do you think it would be long enough for him, or do they have extensions?

Recommendations?

Carol K said:
We got an email from a guy that is thinking of getting an Ace 250. He's 6 ft 7 inches. Do you think it would be long enough for him, or do they have extensions?

Recommendations?
I'm 6' 2.5'' and fully extended it is just about long enough for me. When I get a chance I'll measure the length.

user18 said:
I don't think so.... my brother is 6'4" and he thought it was a bit short. I don't think there is an extension available. (?)

Hmmmmmm, maybe a business idea, build an extension for the Ace !!!

i read on another forum that garret does make extension cables. it was also mentioned that some cb mike cables had the same connectors and that you could make your own. this same guy converted his 250 to a hip mount. all he did was attach a plastic tool clip to the housing using the same screw holes. uses it to reach under porches.

I think the cable is long enough, the question seems to be wheather the shaft is long enough. I'm not as tall as some of you are, I'm only 5'-10". It would be interesting to see if someone comes up with an idea for an extension for the Ace.

Tom

Well, it's pretty certain that the shaft is made from some type of standard commercially available pipe. So I'd take the middle part of the shaft with me to the hardware store or just measure the inside diameter and find out if they can supply similar pipe. Then just buy a suitable length of new pipe and drill couple holes for the locking tabs. However the cable is so short that you can extend the total length of the shaft only for about 3 inches.

Voriax

FINALLY! A sport where the short guy rules!!!! I'm all of 5'7 (and yes they do stack it that high!) HA! take that Lebron... ok I feel better now, back to reality.

I remember reading somewhere that somebody called the Garrett factory and they were able to supply an extension at no charge. It's worth a try. I'm 6'1" and the standard shaft is OK.

There are no extentions for the Aces. However I did see where someone made their own lower rod extention so it can be done.
:yes:

I just called Garrett and ordered what they call a "Tall Man Stem" for 14.95 plus 3.00 shipping. I specified that it was for the Ace 250, and the rep assured me it would work. She said it was to replace the middle section of the stem, and was 6 inches longer than the stock on

Back
Top Bottom