2 Old Spoons

joe4077

Elite Member
I was wondering if anyone knows about ols dinnerware. I have 2 old serving spoons that both have a marking of Wm A. Rodgers. One says nickel silver on it and looks clean and shiny. The other is blackish colored and says Oneida Ltd on it. Is it silver or silverplate? Sorry, I have no pictures. Does anyone care to venture a guess? Thanks.

I'll try to update post with pictures if I can, tomorrow.

it's not looking good Joe:

Nickel silver is an alloy of nickel, copper, and zinc; it contains no silver at all. A variety of metals were used as the core for plated goods - copper, britannia, pewter, etc; whatever the base, the process is the same.

I don't know about the other one.

Unfortunately I am not near my books right now, but I am sure the spelling on the spoons is Rogers. Wm A. Rogers is well known and has a long history in silverware and silver plate. The first spoon described sound like it is possibly from the late 1930's. The 2nd spoon with "oneida" is likely from the 1970's or ever early 1980's. Pictures would be great!

I tried to get a few pictures. It was a little difficult. The spelling on the back of the fork was actually Wm A. Rogers. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 093.jpg
    093.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 240
  • 094.jpg
    094.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 217
  • 095.jpg
    095.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 233
  • 0301122322-00.jpg
    0301122322-00.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 230
Thanks IMS. I scanned all of the patterns and nothing matched so I'm not sure what I have. The piece is all black with tarnish so I'm figuring it's at least silverplate. I'll have to keep looking.

Found It!

I found the pattern online. It's a 1936 Meadowbrook Pattern. It's a Cold Meat Fork 8 1/4" Wm. A Rogers A1 Plus Oneida Ltd silverplate. The value is about $9.95 in used condition. Thanks guys for all your help.

Back
Top Bottom