Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Show Me Treasure
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Member Contests > Ended Contests Archive

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by stan524 View post
Hook, if you happen to come back to this post, I have tried sending you a pm and I'm not sure it's getting to you because my sent folder says (0) sent?? Please pm me. Thanks stan524
i got your message buddy...pm reply sent back at ya!

Old 01-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Elite Member

Default Sweet!

I had LABYRINTH (Michael) as a gift exchange partener and wow awsome gift! I got a MDing care package with alot of different stuff Batteries, a digger, Lost treasure book, Awsome dry storage thats goin to be handy for the beach, I love the gloves..perfect size! and coffee for those cool mornings! Thanks Michael and Frendly Forum for the gift exchange!

It was fun.HH

Ben
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Supporter

Wow looks like you all had fun on the exchange, this year I am in for sure, I probably owe some of you already for all your help. I love the gift of giving, I really dont need anything in return many of you who support the troops have given already and thank you. Looking forward to a great MD year.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Elite Member

Default Snail Mail

Hook, the snail mail finally bestowed upon me your gift last night and it was worth the wait. Pictured is 7 wheats including several earlier than the 1920's, a flattened penny tourist token from New Orleans, 6 Mardi Gras tokens from various years a Frey meats medallion from the '84 Louisiana World Fair and my personal favorite a 1891 V Nickel. All things I am very unlikey to ever find dirt fishing in Florida. Thanks Hook for the gift, I am very happy to add these to my collection. Look me up when you get to Florida. This gift exchange was a great idea and I am already looking forward to next years. Once again Thanks carol and Vlad.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Elite Member

Default Snail Mail Revised - Pictures added

Hook, the snail mail finally bestowed upon me your gift last night and it was worth the wait. Pictured is 7 wheats including several earlier than the 1920's, a flattened penny tourist token from New Orleans, 6 Mardi Gras tokens from various years a Frey meats medallion from the '84 Louisiana World Fair and my personal favorite a 1891 V Nickel. All things I am very unlikey to ever find dirt fishing in Florida. Thanks Hook for the gift, I am very happy to add these to my collection. Look me up when you get to Florida. This gift exchange was a great idea and I am already looking forward to next years. Once again Thanks carol and Vlad.
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Elite Member

CTcurt, your the best!!!!!!!!!!! I got a 2nd package today in the mail. And whoever made the cookies, you know my weakness. Man they are delicious! I had 2 of them ate, when I remembered I need to get a picture first

Plus a loaf of banana bread, a flashlight, and some warm socks for hunting on those cold days!

Curt you are awesome! What a generous person. Whoever baked those items, please tell em thank you so much!!!!!! And if you baked em, wow, good job!
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Co-owner

Wow!!! Nice gifts everyone! This is great!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by stan524 View post
I'm glad you liked the gifts Stan...hope they fit into your collection! I'm still hearing the wife say how much she loves the ring you sent, and now the daughter wants it also !

Old 01-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Elite Member

I have to add this to everyone.....you guys have shocked this old cajun with all of your generosity and ingenuity...good job everyone! Awesome gifts all around...cant wait till next year to do it again! HH everyone!

Old 01-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Elite Member

Default You're ALL Awesome!!!

Wow!!! Even though I could not be in the gift exchange this time, it sure was every bit as exciting to see what everyone sent/got, and was like getting gifts myself You're ALL a great bunch. Hope everyone had great holidays and will be blessed in 2012. Looking forward to this years exchange, and I'm already planning.

Carol & Vlad, what a great way to bring everyone together. You two ROCK!!

All The Best To Everyone,
Gemmy

Old 01-06-2012, 12:59 AM

, I got my package in from Andrew at New England Detectors (Minelabdealer on the forums)

All I keep saying is wow!

When I opened the package, the first thing I saw was the Lesche Sampson, I was totally stoked, I've been wanting to get one for a while now

After that It was gift after gift, I was in disbelief... I kept saying out loud,"it just keeps going"

Man I could probably write a book here on how great of a package this is but I'll let some pics do the talking...

This is the shot of everything fresh out of the box!!

Here is My new tools, Sampson digger, Lesche tool, Leathermans tool... and a nice set of Minelab Binoculars, and a sweet high def camera that can mount to my detector
As I said it just kept going...

Here we have a N.E.D. T-shirt, Minelab Baseball cap, Minelab Stainless steel water bottle, and a few dirt rags for the parks.
Also we have a copy of The Treasure Hunter's Handbook by Andy Sabisch and a Garrett 2012 calender (I don't think my wife approves of miss july though)

Lastly, I have an awesome holiday letter from Andrew, a N.E.D. patch and drumroll please....... A 1934 Silver Peace Dollar

I'm still in awe of everything, I'm surprised everyone around me didn't tell me to shut up as I went on and on today
I'm deeply appreciative of these truely Awesome gifts, and of this forum where we can all come to share in each others storys, trials, tribulations, and Glory...

Thanks Andrew and N.E.D., you've made a happy camper and a friend down here in Louisiana

And Carol + Vlad, thanks again for the fun, you two are great!!

Sincerely
Bud-Skywalker

Old 01-06-2012, 01:20 AM
Elite Member

Is that a head video cam? Wow is right, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-06-2012, 02:19 AM
Elite Member

Holy Hannah!

That is a stallar gift! I love that head cam. You will have to test it out and show us some footage!

Old 01-06-2012, 02:34 AM
Elite Member

Wow, that NED gift takes the cake right there....holy moly....

Old 01-06-2012, 02:45 AM

All I can say is congrats and.....woooooohoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-06-2012, 07:42 AM
Global Moderator

Default Got mine!

A couple gifts from Dave in Phenix City. A new finds pouch, and right at the nick of time. My old one was coming apart from shoving my turf knife into it. The second item was a spanking new Gator digger. I used both within an hour of getting them. Thanks again Dave.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by bud-skywalker View post
, I got my package in from Andrew at New England Detectors (Minelabdealer on the forums)

All I keep saying is wow!

When I opened the package, the first thing I saw was the Lesche Sampson, I was totally stoked, I've been wanting to get one for a while now

After that It was gift after gift, I was in disbelief... I kept saying out loud,"it just keeps going"
Well, I guess Andrew doesn't have anything left to sell.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by goes4ever View post
CTcurt, your the best!!!!!!!!!!! I got a 2nd package today in the mail. And whoever made the cookies, you know my weakness. Man they are delicious! I had 2 of them ate, when I remembered I need to get a picture first

Plus a loaf of banana bread, a flashlight, and some warm socks for hunting on those cold days!

Curt you are awesome! What a generous person. Whoever baked those items, please tell em thank you so much!!!!!! And if you baked em, wow, good job!
Was not hungry until I seen this post.
Man, that looks soooooo good!

Old 01-06-2012, 09:27 AM

BudSkywalker, you scored. Congratulations and Andrew, you "done good"

How do I go about getting Andrew to draw my name next year??

This was fun and I'm anxious for next year.

EKW

Old 01-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Chat Captain

Way to go NED! If you don't love our Sponsors on this forum... you better check to see if the Tin Man stole your heart because these guys rock!!!

Closed Thread