Has anyone tried the Killer Bee stingers?

DetectorOCD

Elite Member
These are the ones with only one ear cuff. I was curious how comfortable they are. I don't dig deep signals or anything when I'm doing schools and sports fields, so I would rather have one ear to hear what's around me (usually kids or cops lol)

Thanks

I use the rattler, and have no complaints. I wear them anywhere from 2-8 hours straight and just remove maybe for a quick chat with my hunting buddy or a short break. No problem and highly recommend.

Thanks. I have just come to terms with the fact that I don't need to hear faint signals so much. I am also so paranoid that a pin drop will make me jump so I really need to hear what's around me. :(

Do the rattlers accomodate those with large noggins?

I use Stingers and my partner uses Rattlers. The Stingers have a smaller cup, which I like, but are a bit tight on the head and they have not broke in or stretched out in years. The Rattlers have a bigger cup and when I tried them out they seemed not nearly as tight as the Stingers. Both have crisp sound. Even being too tight for my taste, I prefer the Stingers, but if you have a huge head the Rattlers might fit better.

Stingers

I only use the stingers. Nice phones but like said earlier a little tight.

I have both.

The Stingers were great for about 2 years. I broke the clasp that holds the ear unit once and the leather will gradually get harder and tiny cracks will happen. When I contacted the manufacturer, I thought he would send out a new clasp for free, being that it was just a plastic piece. He charged me about $12 for a replacement. I have treated the leather with both mink oil and ballglove conditioner religiously.

I just got the Rattlers about 2 months ago. I theorize that the plastic muff might prohibit sweat from soaking in and making them harden up, unlike the leather of the Stingers. They sound great so far.

The Stingers seem to be well made, even a bit more than the Rattlers. I need logetivity and only time will tell as I use the Rattlers solely, right now.

Back
Top Bottom