• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Fisher F2 Better Than Whites Coinmaster?

Musketman

Elite Member
Hi
I have a Whites M6 and love it. I'm shopping for a beginner detector for my son. I almost ordered a Whites Coinmaster and a set of headphones from Whites for about $225 with shipping.
I was poking around on the forum and saw people talking about Big Boys Hobbies so I checked out their site.
I looked up the Fisher F2 and they have a deal with a set of headphones for $200!
The fisher has tone ID that the Coinmaster does not have and that's a nice feature. I think they are both good detectors and my son will have no problem using them.
I like the fact that White's is American made and I assume that the Fisher is Not?
The deal at Big Boys is $25 better than I can get from Whites. Now I'm leaning toward the Fisher at Big Boys. What would you do?

Now I'm leaning toward the Fisher at Big Boys. What would you do?

Love White's...in the higher end...just about every one above this one.
On this forum, The ace 250 and F2 rule as the most recommended in the starter range with a screen, by a wide margin over the Coinmaster.
Compadre too, but no screen on that one.

My opinion it has got to be the F2 all the way over all others in this price range with a screen.

Why?

Superior recovery speed, fantastic target separation with all coils, accurate vdi numbers and pleasant tones.
I have found some of my best stuff with this, which was supposed to be my guest and vacation detector but was so much fun, worked so well, surprised and impressed me so many times and produced so much, I use it way more than I planned...still do.

Lots of real world reasons to buy this one here...not just mine, either.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=53930

I have a Prism 6T that I love so I guess I am kinda partial to the Whites machines. I had a F5 and I like it pretty good. It was hot on iron and got a lot of EMI. I would not trade !!!

Love White's...in the higher end...just about every one above this one.
On this forum, The ace 250 and F2 rule as the most recommended in the starter range with a screen, by a wide margin over the Coinmaster.
Compadre too, but no screen on that one.

My opinion it has got to be the F2 all the way over all others in this price range with a screen.

Why?

Superior recovery speed, fantastic target separation with all coils, accurate vdi numbers and pleasant tones.
I have found some of my best stuff with this, which was supposed to be my guest and vacation detector but was so much fun, worked so well, surprised and impressed me so many times and produced so much, I use it way more than I planned...still do.

Lots of real world reasons to buy this one here...not just mine, either.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=53930
I am with Digger27, White's is a great company but I didn't care for the Coinmaster as well as the F2. I found the F2 to have a more accurate meter reading and it doesn't have a slow recovery like the Coinmaster does. The F2 is also American made (by a company called First Texas) at least I believe they are made there and not imported :?:. Anyways the F2 is a pretty good detector.

I have an F2 and last summer spent a lot of time using a friend's M6. The White's is a good detector but really no better than the Fisher, maybe not as good.

Call Bart at Big Boy's and tell him you are from the forum. You might just get a price cheaper then what is listed on the web site.

Back
Top Bottom