Sampson T handle 31" good or bad?

Canuck

I'm looking to pick up something something a little bigger than my lesche digging tool. It works well but I find after 3-4 hours of digging my wrist is in rough shape. I was thinking of the 31" sampson T handle. I'm hoping to hear from some of the guys using them now.

The Sampson is the best detecting digger out there. Twice as wide a as a Lesche and digs a beautiful plug. It also scoops the dirt very nicely. I never park hunt. People say that the Sampson is too big and gives the wrong impression for park hunting. But other than that you have chosen a winner. It also works well for defending yourself against thugs, dogs, snakes and anything else that wants to mess with you.

I take mine everywhere! Love it, it hangs on my side and is actually a pretty low profile type of tool, that I think looks nothing like a regular shovel.

Here is a video of me using mine, I use it to cut the plug, and use a smaller hand digger to work in the hole, just in the beginning of the video...

<*)))>{

The best

love mine ,Earl

Attachments

• 20110613_1.JPG
    20110613_1.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 353
Thought I would only occasionally use mine when I ordered it. Haven't touched my lesche since it was delivered. Added it as 2nd on my list of necessary accessories right behind the Garrett PP.

Thanks for the good information guys. That's what I was hoping to hear. I just ordered one up. My wrist is feeling a sigh of relief.

I just got mine last week. Man it is nice, I think you are going to really like it. Did you get the Ready Shovel carrier for it that goes on your belt? It works great with the shovel too. Good luck and HH.

I just got one last week. What a great digging tool. I was having wrist problems and not scooping enough dirt out of deep holes. Excellent in the woods for cutting thru roots. Highly recommended. HH. Matt

I've only used on a couple hunts but yeah I really don't want to hunt a school or park now and only have lesche. I makes a great detector rest after the plug is pulled as well. :)

Outstanding digger, but I do have a couple complaints.

1) A slight taper in shaft diameter just below the t handle would be nice. My index and middle finger go numb stretching apart pretty quickly. I might as well cut off half the t because I can't use it as such.

2) Standing 6ft, its just a couple inches short to be used as a walking stick. I'd prefer something around 34"-36" for convenience on long hunts. My AT Pro picks it up when I have it at my side, so I have to hold it behind me. It gets uncomfortable and I end up carrying it over my shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom