First Trip Out With ACE 250!!!

SirBax

Well, I asked my wife for a metal detector for Christmas and when the box came in the mail with may ACE 250 Christmas present I broke down and begged her to let me have it early. So, I took it to a local park today to give it a trial run and searched around the benches and found 3 pennies and 1 quarter!!! I was elated; then I was told by the park ranger that detecting hours are from sunrise to 9:00 am and I would have to stop as it was past 9:00. Well I decided to try the beach next and was really surprised to get NOTHING!! There were very very few signals. So I tried some of the bench areas in a park near the beach and wound up with about 6 pull tabs/bottle caps. Oh well, it's a start!

Welcome to the forum!

That's sounds like a great start! It only gets better from here. I am still hoping that Santa brings me my new Ace 250 soon.

My local park has rules that sound similar to what you were told. My plan is to get to the park as soon as they open the gates on weekends and stay there intill the designated "stop detecting" time.

Welcome to the world of happy diggers, I hear the 250 is a pretty decent machine. Our parks down here don't have any rules for MDers...yet. One place to hunt that others overlook is grass/dirt parking lots. They are very productive for coins and jewelry.
HH

Welcome to the forum SirBax, and congrats on your new machine. For a first trip out you did quite well. You should have no problem finding some very productive areas down your way to hunt. Hit the local tot lots. This will give you a lot of practice using your machine. Good luck, and HH. :yes:

You'll have a blast with the ACE. Got mine this summer. At first it was tricky finding out where under the coil the target was, but now it is simple. Took some practice and expiermenting, but haven't been skunked yet on an outing.
Good luck
don

Welcome SirBax, remember the ding-da-ding-da-ding bell tone ya heard when ya found the coins, it is almost always money. Unless ya hit a buried beer can, larger lead sinker, aluminum screw top off a cheap wine bottle.................... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Been there, done that, and still doing that....................

Arthur - Your path of duty - as it says in your post - is to keep on learning that machine and learning where to look. When you do these things you will be very successful. Good start - good luck, Steve in so az

Good start. Remember that part of finding treasure is finding trash. We just can't get away with it. But, part of learning your new machine is learning how it reacts to trash so you can avoid it. Good luck, keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom