Power Bank For Nox 800

OzarkDetector

So, one of the features is at any time you can attach a power bank, continue operating the detector, and it will charge the internal battery, all at the same time.

So if you keep a power bank plugged into the Nox continually, would this in any way have an adverse effect to the internal battery?
And where / how do you attach the power bank to the Nox, rubber bands?

My power bank fits perfectly under the arm cuff using a couple of velcro strips. I've only needed to do this in the field once though. I try to recharge the Nox as soon as I am done detecting that way it is always fully charged and ready to go. :grin:

How long does a charge last?
They battery on the Nox is my only hang-up with this machine.
Still on the list to get one and resigned to shelling out the cash for when the battery eventually fails.:roll:

How long does a charge last?
They battery on the Nox is my only hang-up with this machine.
Still on the list to get one and resigned to shelling out the cash for when the battery eventually fails.:roll:

The instruction manual says 12 hours run time.

But I haven't tested this as I recharge after most every use. I know you are probably thinking that since the battery is in the handle, the battery can't be very big and can't last too long. Especially when you look at the bigger batteries for other minelabs like the CTX or the Etrac. The FBS detectors like the CTX and Etrac are power hogs. They require a larger battery. But the multi-frequency technology does not have the same power requirements as does the FBS. So the Equinox can get by with a smaller battery.

I had a Galaxy S6 cell phone with a sealed battery. After about 2 years the battery capacity dwindled down to garbage. With previous phone I could just pop in a new battery. I guess that set my mind against anything sealed.

I hope the Nox has the latest and greatest Li-Ion batteries. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom