Favorite more common targets

Torptorp

Just curious about which are some of your favorite targets to pull out of the ground? Which get your heart pounding or for what ever reason you get satisfaction from finding. For me Indian head pennies are some of my favorite, along with silver dimes. Something about shiny in the hole...

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Chunky silver ring every time!
Barber quarter, I’ve only dug a few.
100+ y.o silver thimbles in nice shape.
Crotals! Never get tired of them.

Small toy cars, trucks, airplanes, etc. Especially the older ones. Toys are fun!

Here is my very first dug target for 2018:
I call this little one "off to the races"

Attachments

• DSCN5740.jpg
    DSCN5740.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 322
For me, it’s anything older than me that has lettering on it that can be researched to unearth interesting tidbits of history. Doesn’t matter to me if it’s a token, product or registration tag, button, key, etc - if it’s got lettering on it, I can usually learn something about the object to start putting an interesting story behind the find. I can’t necessarily do that with coins...don’t get me wrong, I love finding old coins, but other marked relics have even more historical interest to me :grin:

Attachments

• B9CEF281-D505-42FC-A759-6F52C47B98C1.jpg
    B9CEF281-D505-42FC-A759-6F52C47B98C1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 289
For me, it’s anything older than me that has lettering on it that can be researched to unearth interesting tidbits of history. Doesn’t matter to me if it’s a token, product or registration tag, button, key, etc - if it’s got lettering on it, I can usually learn something about the object to start putting an interesting story behind the find. I can’t necessarily do that with coins...don’t get me wrong, I love finding old coins, but other marked relics have even more historical interest to me :grin:

Ditto Airmet. Love finds that tell a story.

I'm the same way, a coin is a coin unless it's a key date (not found one of them yet) Don't get me wrong, I love finding old coins but a quick search online or in the Redbook tells me all I need to know about it. Tokens, tootsie toys, lead soldiers, buttons, old data plates etc are far more interesting to find. Takes some time research to look up and identify and get to learn the history of the items and companies which made them. The knowledge you gain from doing that is worth far more to me than a silver dime that may be worth $2.

Quarters with the eagle on reverse if hunting modern sites. And happy to find horse shoes and bridal bits at the old homesteads. $1 coins always make me smile....

Anything actually, I'm still new at this so every beep is the beginning of a story to be told of what might be coming out of the ground, being the almighty pull tab or the rare gold silver ring.. :)

Keys are my favorite. Especially skeleton keys. Just a few of what I've found. :grin:

Attachments

• Fotor_152563866666022.jpg
    Fotor_152563866666022.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 255
I'm a toy guy as well. Been collecting US coinage since I was young and love every one, but Tootsie toys, little sheriff badges and cap guns are way fun!

It's like I was meant to buy my house or something. I've pulled 36 cars so far including 4 Tootsies since I moved in November and still have a fair bit of the back yard just wandered across so far.

^^^this is exactly right!

Back
Top Bottom