Someone else actually metal detects

longbow62

Forum Supporter
So I am driving around the older part of town and notice some fresh house tear downs. Where I live is the oldest and largest town in the county being the county seat and lately there has started to be a lot of house tear downs. A lot of these houses are from the 20's, 30's, and 40's. I pull up to this fresh tear down and get out and start detecting and noticed holes. I could not believe it but someone else actually metal detects here. It was real fresh sign. It was the first time I have ever encountered sign of anyone else detecting. I know of a couple of other guys that do detect, but never have saw sign that they had been at a spot before. The crazy thing was the first target I dug was a solid 79-80 dime signal and it was a 1954 silver Rosie. I found a few more quarters and a couple more clad dimes but that was it. The photo shows all finds from this weekend. I have dug very few penny signals lately. I have yet to dig a silver quarter and it's driving me nuts. I have dug several late 60's quarters lately but can't seem to get one early enough to be sliver.

Attachments

• finds.jpg
    finds.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 94
Nice Haul

I know what you mean about Hey someones been scooping in my yard, Right!

LOL

There is like 1 million of us on here, but we rarely see the other guy,
then you finally see someone, and BOOM there is 3 other guys looking.

That's how it is here at the beach, Oh dear god, the summer time, it explodes and every tourist has a Bounty Hunter and their swinging like their looking for a Car....:laughing:

The tourist has the High swing... about 6 inches off the ground and
God love them .lol

Hope you meet your MD competition sometime, you can work together and hit some of his spots

Good Luck

Mike in Myrtle Beach

Back
Top Bottom