Federal Government Shut Down Go Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ME&MYACE400

Elite Member
Hurry And Hit Those Parks Up Today, No Rules And Regulations During Shut Down :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Last edited:
:laughing::laughing: The Finger pointing and blame game is tremendous! Akin to shouting: "Who pharted?" at a chili cookoff contest? :laughing:

Lets Hope this 'Govt Shutdown' gets some legs! Keeps rolling permanently!! In the short term, I cant decipher how this will affect any of us to the + or - though, present any unique opportunity for profit or incur an encumbrance? I do hope the Game Wardens go out for a nice long 'time out'...Spring Turkey, Steelhead, Ice fishing free for all would be fun!

Is it too much to hope the IRS goes dark? Like completely? Like even the Field Agent gas cards wont work?...Better yet, you wanna make a deal? Get the other side to come to the table hat in hand and ready to negotiate?

Shut down the EBT card system for about two hours!...The pushback from the Nestle, CocaCola, FritoLay, Walmart lobbiests would be horrendous! "Turn these machines back on!" "Kick out all the Illegal kids," "Build that Wall dammit, just turn these machines back on!"

I'm a hopeless romantic, wishful thinker, unrealistic optimistic dreamer....

About all I can see so far is that it will keep the MSM busy this weekend, dusting off the 'poor children' and 'granny off a cliff' canned footage...The same old finger pointing.. "That guy Pharted right in Grannys face! At Sams Club! While she was buying Fritos for a xxxxxxxx! Then pushed them both off a cliff!" narrative...

Last edited by a moderator:
:laughing::laughing: The Finger pointing and blame game is tremendous! Akin to shouting: "Who pharted?" at a chili cookoff contest? :laughing:

Lets Hope this 'Govt Shutdown' gets some legs! Keeps rolling permanently!! In the short term, I cant decipher how this will affect any of us to the + or - though, present any unique opportunity for profit or incur an encumbrance? I do hope the Game Wardens go out for a nice long 'time out'...Spring Turkey, Steelhead, Ice fishing free for all would be fun!

Is it too much to hope the IRS goes dark? Like completely? Like even the Field Agent gas cards wont work?...Better yet, you wanna make a deal? Get the other side to come to the table hat in hand and ready to negotiate?

Shut down the EBT card system for about two hours!...The pushback from the Nestle, CocaCola, FritoLay, Walmart lobbiests would be horrendous! "Turn these machines back on!" "Build that Wall dammit, just turn these machines back on!"

I'm a hopeless romantic, wishful thinker, unrealistic optimist dreamer....

About all I can see so far is that it will keep the MSM busy this weekend, dusting off the 'poor children' and 'granny off a cliff' canned footage... "Who Pharted?" narrative...

I pharted during an exlax eating contest twice.

Sadly, Trump is taking a different tact than did Obama. Federal parks will remain open. I don't know how it will affect local parks or if they are even affected by the Fed's budget.

On a different note, please be sure to thanks any military personnel that you see as they are working without paychecks until this is resolved.

BCD

On a different note, please be sure to thanks any military personnel that you see as they are working without paychecks until this is resolved.
BCD

I dont know BCD?...think about it...No way anybody in the Military is gonna suffer at all from a Govt Shutdown!!...Too dangerous for the PTB to let that happen....Anybody involved in the Military, active or former duty (with the exception of clerks) have attained some unique and valuable Marketable Private industry skills for a fast and immediate highly profitable fall back...

Erik Prince recognized this subtle dynamic and made mint Sub Contracting skills in the Free Market!

The thing is to keep the majority of them from getting too pist off to talk or allowing them to get too well organized to be a viable threat to the PTB...Pretty easy with just one decent Toby Kieth Patriotic Song, a Super Bowl, and maybe a couple 4th of July Blue Angel treetop Flyovers...So far, No problem here with the Military....As you were, smoke if you gottem...

This whole 'Govt Shutdown' is a White Castle nothing burger!....You still pay at the window, you get the bag, but you dont get no meaningful burger, just a load of fluffy dough... hungry, hopeful and with the shids!...right where we need to keep 'em!.

Grab your detectors and meet me at Gettysburg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be easy to find,
I will be the one surrounded by the police !!!!!

I dont know T,...A guy has to think about this carefully to really maximize the ROI potential of a full blown Govt Shutdown...I'm waiting to hear news that Clinton Govt Paid security detail ensemble is offline, off post, and off duty....Thats where the REAL money is! Ransacking that compound for Haitian rebuild cash and Old Glory!...Talking pallets of bills!

Not profitable or ROI + hunting sacred and hallowed battlefield dirt for old musket balls, buckles, breastplates, and 3 ringers? Plenty of Time for that later, a guy has to focus on the major opportunity at hand! ....Go after the fast easy cheap goods that hold no historic merit!! Imagine the cash loot that guy has squirreled away on site? Just gotta get past the guard dog and the other hyenas like Podesta....Should be easy! Toss out a cheap bottle of vodka for starters....

I dont know T,...A guy has to think about this carefully to really maximize the ROI potential of a full blown Govt Shutdown...I'm waiting to hear news that Clinton Govt Paid security detail ensemble is offline, off post, and off duty....Thats where the REAL money is! Ransacking that compound for Haitian rebuild cash and Old Glory!...Talking pallets of bills!

Not profitable or ROI + hunting sacred and hallowed battlefield dirt for old musket balls, buckles, breastplates, and 3 ringers? Plenty of Time for that later, a guy has to focus on the major opportunity at hand! ....Go after the fast easy cheap goods that hold no historic merit!! Imagine the cash loot that guy has squirreled away on site? Just gotta get past the guard dog and the other hyenas like Podesta....Should be easy! Toss out a cheap bottle of vodka for starters....

lol

"Government shutdown", my backside! Dollar to a donut those "elected representatives" are still getting their paycheck. :mad::mad:

Roger

Tut Tut

easy fellas, don't let this thread slide off the tracks toward a political do-do storm.
Remember, we are a large community whose leanings go from hard left to solid right. Your words can and will start a report thread war.

Always said if what you say or think aloud has even the remote possibility of
ticking someone off, it will in a forum setting the size of this one.

Shut down the EBT card system for about two hours!...The pushback from the Nestle, CocaCola, FritoLay, Walmart lobbiests would be horrendous! "Turn these machines back on!" "Kick out all the Illegal kids," "Build that Wall dammit, just turn these machines back on!"

I'm a hopeless romantic, wishful thinker, unrealistic optimistic dreamer....

About all I can see so far is that it will keep the MSM busy this weekend, dusting off the 'poor children' and 'granny off a cliff' canned footage...The same old finger pointing.. "That guy Pharted right in Grannys face! At Sams Club! While she was buying Fritos for a xxxxxxxx! Then pushed them both off a cliff!" narrative...

Damn Mud. I wish I had said all of that.:clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, Trump is taking a different tact than did Obama. Federal parks will remain open. I don't know how it will affect local parks or if they are even affected by the Fed's budget.

BCD

I'm currently at Eastbank campground, it's a US Government Army Corps of Engineers park. I was told this morning that we must leave the park by 11:00 AM on Monday morning along with everyone else. We will be refunded for any remaining time from our reservation. :(

"Government shutdown", my backside! Dollar to a donut those "elected representatives" are still getting their paycheck. :mad::mad:

Roger

They are, there’s no doubt about that. You can see them “working” right now, working their gums to the news corporations feeding them lie after lie. All “non-essential” govt employees will be furloughed, which will amount to a free vacation with backpay once they return. Weird how the military is not considered “essential”, but as for the rest...it just seemed like we trimmed off the pork in one fast swoop. I don’t even know why we have positions in govt that aren’t considered “essential”, it’s all our taxes and don’t we all want to pay the least amount we can?

I don’t know anyone who gets their property tax statement and says, “Oh no, this is a mistake...it should be higher!”

I'm currently at Eastbank campground, it's a US Government Army Corps of Engineers park. I was told this morning that we must leave the park by 11:00 AM on Monday morning along with everyone else. We will be refunded for any remaining time from our reservation. :(

HUM.... COE parks closed... That would open up a few tasty spots for me, if I were that type of person. I'm not.

BCD

Sorry to hear that! This is just getting out of hand... Happy hunting everyone!

"In a break from previous shutdowns, the administration has said that national parks will be accessible if the government shuts down this weekend, perhaps in an attempt to avoid the striking images of veterans being turned away from war memorials that we saw during previous shutdowns. Roads, trails, and memorials will be open but parks will not collect entrance fees and will not be staffed for basic work like picking up trash, staffing visitors centers, or issuing permits. Campgrounds will be closed."

No entrance fees...free reign for all!
Pick up some extra trash if you visit one.

"According to the National Park Service contingency plan only 3,300 employees are deemed essential out of almost 25,000, 650 of which are Park Police."

We can get a few of us together and probably outnumber those police in any park for awhile.
Still, they have long memories so being a good will ambassador and polite is still probably the best route.

easy fellas, don't let this thread slide off the tracks toward a political do-do storm.
Remember, we are a large community whose leanings go from hard left to solid right. Your words can and will start a report thread war.

Always said if what you say or think aloud has even the remote possibility of
ticking someone off, it will in a forum setting the size of this one.

Holy bleep bleep.. You got here just in time and saved me from the Big Banned Hammer,, :lol:

Roger

Yes they are still drawing their paycheck. It was announced yesterday that Congress had it setup that even in a shutdown situation they would continue to receive their paycheck. Amazing what you hear on the news!

Grab your detectors and meet me at Gettysburg!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....

What ?? I don't understand ?? You mean metal detecting wasn't allowed at Gettysburg all this time ? :?: In that case: It wasn't me.

And if you have any doubts: Mud-puppy can write an excellent prose to show the proof of my innocence:

......A guy has to think about this carefully....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom