• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Civil war in Southern Alabama info

DirtyCop

Can any of you guys point me in the right direction for info on civil war activity in south Alabama? I know about mobile and Baldwin county battles. I've seen some maps that show the soldiers coming thru my area (monro e county), can anyone recommend any good books or websites? I'm new to civil war history. Thanks in advance.

I would start at the public library and the local historical society. The internet would also be helpful. Most counties have their own history recorded in books. Then go for maps of your area that pertain to the war. Cornell University has a web site that gives you the "Official Records of the War of the Rebellion." The National Park Service at Stones River has a good source of regimental information, both north and south. Good luck and let us know what you find.

I would start at the public library and the local historical society. The internet would also be helpful. Most counties have their own history recorded in books. Then go for maps of your area that pertain to the war. Cornell University has a web site that gives you the "Official Records of the War of the Rebellion." The National Park Service at Stones River has a good source of regimental information, both north and south. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Thanks for the info!

I found the War of the Rebellion on searchable DVD on eBay.....search DVD War of the Rebellion...you will be glad you did...many I have seen have been under $35.

Good Luck on your research, that's the hardest part to me is to research modern maps and match them up to maps from the Civil War.

Back
Top Bottom