woooo just found a bucket of concentrates!

Swing360

curbstrip nut
Forum Supporter
Helping my brother clean out his garage and we just found a bucket of concentrates. We arent sure where it's from, but we do know it's from this year because it's one of the buckets we got at the start of the season.

It's a brisk 39* with wind making it feel low 30's and we are going to nock it out and see what's in it.

Helping my brother clean out his garage and we just found a bucket of concentrates. We arent sure where it's from, but we do know it's from this year because it's one of the buckets we got at the start of the season.

It's a brisk 39* with wind making it feel low 30's and we are going to nock it out and see what's in it.

Concentrates? You guys prospect too? Sweet.

I've got a similar story. My mom was cleaning out the garage last summer and found a bucket of gravel under a bench. She called me and asked if I knew anything about it…..well, yeah. That was a bucket of concentrates that my brother and I didn't have time to process from a trip to Idaho back in 1997 that we brought home and forgot about! :shock: Luckily she didn't throw it out. It's now sitting in my garage waiting for a nice day to entertain my gold pan in the back yard. :excited:
I've not done it yet as the anticipation has been as exciting as actually finding out what might be in the bucket. :lol:

If you want to process the Tang, I recommend a dry washer - otherwise it will dissolve- LOL

Concentrates? You guys prospect too? Sweet.

I've got a similar story. My mom was cleaning out the garage last summer and found a bucket of gravel under a bench. She called me and asked if I knew anything about it…..well, yeah. That was a bucket of concentrates that my brother and I didn't have time to process from a trip to Idaho back in 1997 that we brought home and forgot about! :shock: Luckily she didn't throw it out. It's now sitting in my garage waiting for a nice day to entertain my gold pan in the back yard. :excited:
I've not done it yet as the anticipation has been as exciting as actually finding out what might be in the bucket. :lol:

Yeah. My wife and her brother are big time prospectors, so they got me into it this year. Now that's an OLD bucket of concentrates! The suspense would kill me. We could hardly contain ourselves.

Unfortunately we only got 2 colors, so I'm assuming that was a test bucket that didn't make it to pan at some point. The family goes to Liberty Wa and on the Lewis and do pretty well at times. Most the time it's just drinking in the woods working hard on nothing :laughing:

The first picture is the best of the color. Not too big at all, but we had fun. We just panned it down on the edge of his pond instead of busting out the finishing table. It was a good afternoon. We got a small fire going so we were warm and had a 12'er on point for us

Hey, a little color is better than no color! My cousins used to prospect in the Liberty area. The distant cousins may still have a claim over there, but it's been so long that I'm out of touch. I've never prospected there myself. I went out to the Raging River east of Issaquah shortly after we moved to the area. Got one little flake after a half dozen pans. Haven't bothered to go back. Occasionally talk to people that prospect around the area. Fun to shoot the breeze and hear their experiences. I'll always have a spot in my heart for prospecting. Just plain fun.

I finally got out to the creek and brought back some material to pan a couple weeks ago , first time for this year. Found a couple specks but nothing notable. I keep a few tubs of concentrates around that I have already gone through for when I am bored , I go through them again and usually find a little that I missed before , or the iron pyrite and/or ore has broke down a little and released a few flakes. Nothing but flour gold or tiny flakes but fun to pan for. Now and then I get out the water table and put the old concentrates through it.

Back
Top Bottom