Old drive-in information sites

bergie

Forum Supporter
If people are interested in finding old drive-in sights this is a good place to start. I have found a few that I didn't know even existed in my area. Just for the states Of Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia and it will bring up a bunch of drive-ins some open and some are closed. Some have been turned into cornfields some are trailer parks you get the idea.Always has some information about each drive-in that was there at one time.

http://www.driveins.org/index.html

Does anyone have any any data on how good these sites are for MD'ing?

Does anyone have any any data on how good these sites are for MD'ing?

I have been hunting one for quite some time. Just about every time I go there I find at least one silver. The best way I have found is goes slow and grid tight. I have pulled quite a few from the one i hunt including silver rings. I know this one has been metal detected to death but I've been doing pretty good. Some of the coins only hit one way so when I work on area a certain way I reverse and go the other direction.

Been a long time since I went to a drive in, but I remember the surface was terraced sort of and pretty hard. What's the ground like at an abandoned one

Been a long time since I went to a drive in, but I remember the surface was terraced sort of and pretty hard. What's the ground like at an abandoned one

The abandoned ones a round here are just grass mostly. Or turned into a gravel parking lot. The one I hunt at was still in operation and it's pretty easy digging.

Back
Top Bottom