How far do you typically travel to do MDing?

That's depends on the potential of the site. Usually I would spend 30 minutes each way, but if the site looks promissing, then I don't mind driving way longer.

In the last case, I allways make sure that I can do a full 8-10 hour hunt. I don't like to spend more time on transport than I can hunt.

Once in a while, I just feel like cruising around relaxing while looking at the artwork mother nature made for us, and then it happens that I carry my detector, just in case I find an interesting spot for a quick hunt. Scouting for new places can be rewarding, but without research, the opposite is more likely :lol::lol:

In my experience doing long hunts, and less driving is a great way to increase the small profit we can make.

GL

/Steffen

Depending on the 2 stoplights between me and the beach, as little as 2 minutes and if I go to get the mail as much as an hour and a half (our PO box is about 40 miles from us) to get to the beaches in Destin/Okaloosa area. We get our mail about every 10 - 14 days...

I'm thinking of buying a smaller car, one of them roller skates that use hardly any gas. :lol:

What has happened is I have cleaned out the close, easy lakes and now I have to range further out. There's somebody east of me who has a water machine and he, she or it is good. Daymn good with their machine. Annoying.

Ditto to the south. Rat bass tid. :mad:

Now it's a race and I'll burn gas to win!! Muhuhahaha!!

I hope they wander into one of my areas with bright eyes hoping for Gold and never hear a peep! None for you!! Bahahaha!! :cool:

Ahem. Yes I'll drive a ways.

I have traveled as far as Missouri from Central Texas to hang out and hunt with forum members from here but mostly hunt within a 15 mile radius of my house.

Generally 15 minutes walking one way, and 15 minutes back. But that may change when I am done clearing out the school and need to go to the next one farther away.

so far..i've only been willing to drive about 30-40 mins to detect a spot. Living in WI has alot of history so makes it easier ,,I guess!>>I but have been looking into a cpl day small camping trip for spring..:D

Back
Top Bottom