playgrounds and parks, are they a good spot to learn on?

cableguy417

hopfully santa will be bringing me a garratt ace 250 for christmas, and i was wondering if playgrounds and parks are good places to learn on? i can see there being alot of junk. just thought i would bounce it off you guys. thanks in advance.
keith

By all means! They are a great to learn and hunt. Easy digging too since most are some sort of mulch.

I hunt them a lot while waiting for better, older spots to open up. Not only will you find lots of coins & jewelry but it will hone your detecting skills for the times when the "big sites" come up. Steve in so az

They are the best. Easy diggin, they replenish themselves.......and then......when you get better you can dig in the dirt. Most have wood chips around the equipment and regular ground between those spots.

DM

The great majority I have detected in 7-8 states dont require any permission. Or maybe I should say that not many have run me off. But there are some not available - just depends upon the towns. Steve i nso az

The only time I've ever had a cop come up to me, it's been because he has always wanted a metal detector and wanted to check it out.

Playgrounds are the best, especially sanded ones!

excellent, i spoted acouple that i'm gonna hit as soon as santa comes (early i hope) it's been the longest two weeks waiting for it. anyways thanks keith

They are actually a good place to learn because of all the trash. They are definitely not as easy to hunt as yards which are cleaner. They also are good because you get a lot of hits which means practice. You get better by doing.

The playgrounds in Illinois are mulch, I don"t like it because it clumps and is moldly. In Texas the play grounds are dry mulch or sand which is much easier. Don't forget sports and practice fields. Rob

Back
Top Bottom