CTX 3030 repairs

Goat88

Elite Member
Hey guys. So looks like I'm out of the game for a while. I need some help on where to send my 3030 for repairs. The upper shaft has broken from the handle housing and now the screen has gone totally blank. I bought it from Kellyco about 5 years ago. No warranty anymore. Do I send it to Kellyco or Minelab? Anyone have any experience with this process? Thanks

I would call kellyco and get an estimate for repairs. Then I would determine if it was worth repairing. If so, send to kellyco.

Ok Mr. Goat! I understand you’re going for the gusto this season but you know what I’m going to ask! What happened?? Not that it’s relevant,just curious so I don’t do it!:grin:

Ok Mr. Goat! I understand you’re going for the gusto this season but you know what I’m going to ask! What happened?? Not that it’s relevant,just curious so I don’t do it!:grin:
The shaft broke a couple years ago. Sand in between the handle housing and shaft eventually sanded it down enough to snap as I was getting up. I've just been using a splint to keep the shaft positioned. Today the screen just went blank as I was swinging. Still detects and still has sound but the pinpoint does not work and the wireless signal does not work. Not sure what happened. It has been dry here for at least a couple weeks so no moister in it. Just not sure. maybe I should try to reset it.

The shaft broke a couple years ago. Sand in between the handle housing and shaft eventually sanded it down enough to snap as I was getting up. I've just been using a splint to keep the shaft positioned. Today the screen just went blank as I was swinging. Still detects and still has sound but the pinpoint does not work and the wireless signal does not work. Not sure what happened. It has been dry here for at least a couple weeks so no moister in it. Just not sure. maybe I should try to reset it.

Very odd...but trying to reset it can’t possibly hurt at this point. I’m going to assume something broke/became disconnected somewhere in the display pod.
I’d cry pretty hard if mine broke or became disabled. Good luck...

Get in touch with the Minelab Service Center in Illinois. They will issue an RMA and have you ship it to the repair center in Pennsylvania.

The Americas (North & South)
Minelab Americas Inc
Sales, Support & Service
123 Ambassador Drive, Suite 123
Naperville, IL 60540, USA
Customer Care:
1-877-SOS-MLAB (1-877-767-6522)
Toll Free: 1-888-949-6522

Sand gets under the upper shaft where it goes into the handle and over time is sands a grove till it breaks. Dave at Kellyco made a mod where he puts a rubber gasket between the upper handle and the shaft to correct that problem and stops the sanding.

Since Kellyco is not doing the repairs you will have to check with the repair center in PA to see if they would do it.

Back
Top Bottom