Mexico Beach Fl

Jim Bob

Elite Member
I made a day trip over to visit my daughter and we went to the beach for about 2 hours. She had a book and I waded looking for treasure. I have never seen the water so flat here before. I wish I would have had more time to hunt but that wasn't the main reason for the visit so we had lunch and picked up the granddaughter from school at 2:30. It was a fun trip and I found a USN thingie that some one may be able to ID for me. :?:

Attachments

• #1 total.jpg
    #1 total.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 888
  • #2 heads.jpg
    #2 heads.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 875
  • #3 TAILS.jpg
    #3 TAILS.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 923
  • #4-me.jpg
    #4-me.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 942
I was there last summer Its a great beach and quiet or was at the time I was there

Great you always have next time, I thought you had a straight shaft , and try flipping the earphones so the cord is on the same side as the detector I think it's more comfortable that way and they don't pull as much, it's worth a try??

Sweet challenge coin! It's from the following: STRKFITRON 83 (VFA-83) “Rampagers” FA-18C (N) FA-18F Hornet Strike Fighter Squadron EIGHT THREE.

Naval aviation at it's best!

challenge coins here is a link for some info...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenge_coin

It would be difficult to locate the owner who "earned" it, but it would be a great gesture on your part to try......Gil

Too slow old man :lol:

A side note, that squadron is based here in my hometown at Oceana Naval Air Station. Was talk of sending them to FL when all those BRAC closures were going on, could still happen.

Challenge coins are neat... I have a collection of about 30+, some are issued by the CO...those are hard to come by.... RickO

Help

challenge coins here is a link for some info...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenge_coin

It would be difficult to locate the owner who "earned" it, but it would be a great gesture on your part to try......Gil
I would be glad to return it to the owner, I found it in the water in front of Tucan's Bar & grill. If anyone can find the owner let me know. Thanks, Jim

Challenge coins are way cool. I see a lot of them on eBay. I have thought about starting a collection of challenge coins. A lot of them are very interesting...

I know thats an old thread

but I took a double take on the picture, I thought someone snapped a pic of me at the lake with my BHID. Then I saw Jimbobs white legs...:laughing:

Too slow old man :lol:

A side note, that squadron is based here in my hometown at Oceana Naval Air Station. Was talk of sending them to FL when all those BRAC closures were going on, could still happen.
I lived in Va. Beach for 35 years and the jet noise is really bad around Oceana. They call it the sound of freedom. I now live near Mayport. You can keep those jets, we don't want them. :D Don't get me wrong, I support the military and am a veteran but my choice is keep them at Oceana. :laughing: They make my ears ring.

Back
Top Bottom