Copper pennies

There is 145 copper pennies to the pound. They are 95% copper and 5% zinc. Copper is at about $3.30 per pound rigth now. If they were legal to scrap you would probably get around $2.60 per pound. Copper is down from it's high like all metals. You may be able to double your money by the time you could scrap them.
I don't save them but I just may start.
HH BH

I'm separating mine. Copper, wheaties, & zincolns. I have two containers, one for the Wheaties & one for Coppers, then I roll the salvageable zincs to spend.

What is sick is the ILLEGAL law that states copper pennies can't be melted. Just like our silver coins, copper coins are not minted anymore. So WHY is it legal to melt silver and not copper? Because the GOVERNMENT wants to melt them and not let the American people have them. So they are taking them out of circulation themselves. However I am saving them. That law will be repealed some time.

ever check out realcent.com? those guys have hoarding copper pennies down to a science... buy 5gallon buckets full of pennies, run them through a sorting machine and fill another bucket....

Back
Top Bottom