• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hopefully a GG underwater fix that works good? Some Earl eye candy!

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
Fixing to solder these in and get someone that hunts 3 times more than me to test them. 50 MM Piezo epoxied in a 50 mm coin capsule. Anyone tried it? Testing on the table compared to the stock underwaters appeared to be impressive. No caulk/hot glue to muffle the sound either.

Attachments

• IMG_2155.jpg
    IMG_2155.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 332
Fixing to solder these in and get someone that hunts 3 times more than me to test them. 50 MM Piezo epoxied in a 50 mm coin capsule. Anyone tried it? Testing on the table compared to the stock underwaters appeared to be impressive. No caulk/hot glue to muffle the sound either.

Pretty cool. How much for me to send mine to you to mod? I'll give it a go!

Pretty cool. How much for me to send mine to you to mod? I'll give it a go!

Let me test a couple more set ups. Fixing to flip one of these piezos over to see if it gets louder. Taking my own pair and trying a thin membrane on one and cutting out the speaker cover on the other side where you can see the speaker. These are loud on my desk. But lost some volume when closed in the headphone. I know another problem with the GG is water gets in the wire sleeves. You get a crackling noise its a matter of time before they are dead.

Larry that's a Great Idea!! Keep us informed!! Can't say I've ever used a coin holder, I did try and make a single piezo setup for a diver using a round clear button holder. But I could never get the design I wanted so I went with a heavy plastic and carved out the center...and made it. It's been 6 years ago and he is still using it..Scott in Florida

Attachments

• scott1 (2).jpg
    scott1 (2).jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC_9114.jpg
    DSC_9114.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC_9215 (2).jpg
    DSC_9215 (2).jpg
    40 KB · Views: 239
If that is what I think it is you need to take that coil out of the earcup, that's a suppressor for sure on the audio...they were used to make the head phones universal. Those are the original GGUW's ..I have a video on removal if you need.

Have you tried a 3d printer? Should be able to make it the exact size, width and correct material.
Not the cheap bs 3d printers though

Eye candy 4 sure larry, interested in how they test, earl
Will do!

Larry that's a Great Idea!! Keep us informed!! Can't say I've ever used a coin holder, I did try and make a single piezo setup for a diver using a round clear button holder. But I could never get the design I wanted so I went with a heavy plastic and carved out the center...and made it. It's been 6 years ago and he is still using it..Scott in Florida
So far after I wound up drilling out the hole through the plastic ear piece they sounded pretty good. But my hearing isn't the best. My main concern is I need to find a high quality epoxy.

If that is what I think it is you need to take that coil out of the earcup, that's a suppressor for sure on the audio...they were used to make the head phones universal. Those are the original GGUW's ..I have a video on removal if you need.
Thanks. Now that you mention it I should have checked. I thought these were the pair someone had already removed that. But the person who owns this has a lot of excaliburs and its probably one of her other ones. Lol!

Have you tried a 3d printer? Should be able to make it the exact size, width and correct material.
Not the cheap bs 3d printers though
Ive never even seen a 3D printer. Heard of someone even printing some car taillights for a classic. But they prolly have a real expensive printer?

Ive never even seen a 3D printer. Heard of someone even printing some car taillights for a classic. But they prolly have a real expensive printer?
Printer is in the $100k range. More than likely the finished product will be white color. If not they are mixing products which will effect the final product. Where I live it will cost about 10 cents a gram depending on the material. Design is extra but something you or a buddy could make if familiar with the software ($20)
This is a professional company that does it fulltime with a dozen employees. I've seen the basement printers that some guys have and i wouldn't even bother with them... complete waste of time

Joe..... ive got a pair i did in coin holder some time back. I did it hoping it would allow the P to act more natural and i could put them closer to the ears. However i did put a light coat of aquaseal on both sides. Ended up drilling tiny holes like speaker holes in mine...... there is a difference in volume. Never had an issue with mine..... but im not snorkeling just get them wave wet. I ended up using a very thin piece of lenix plastic on the back. Still using this on one Xcal.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 150
  • phone1.jpg
    phone1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 153
The fact is we have what appears to be a great new water detector coming from Minelab. Now we need a great pair of water hunting headphones. Paying good money for a pair of G Ghosts and then having to mod them is a little on the pathetic side. I have used the two different varieties of G Ghosts in the past and they both had volume problems. And yes I had the volume limiter removed. They both made my ears sore from inferior cushioning. The Minelab yellow ones are made for people with large pumpkin heads evidently. Yes we need a new design with performance. Sorry to sort of highjack the thread, but modding is not for all of us.

The fact is we have what appears to be a great new water detector coming from Minelab. Now we need a great pair of water hunting headphones. Paying good money for a pair of G Ghosts and then having to mod them is a little on the pathetic side. I have used the two different varieties of G Ghosts in the past and they both had volume problems. And yes I had the volume limiter removed. They both made my ears sore from inferior cushioning. The Minelab yellow ones are made for people with large pumpkin heads evidently. Yes we need a new design with performance. Sorry to sort of highjack the thread, but modding is not for all of us.

I agree with you on the ear cup problem. I use hearing adds that make the GG head phones none usable. And even with out the hearing ads they are very uncomfortable.

Just pull off the stocker ear cushions and replace with Gel Pads...

this is a old pic and I am sure prices have changed from 2012

Attachments

• DSC_6819[1].jpg
    DSC_6819[1].jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 127
Back
Top Bottom