• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Need a scoop: Stealth vs Stavr

All Clad

We hunt sugar sandy beaches. At worst, maybe some packed shells. Almost never rocks. Ideal conditions. However, targets can be deep. Going to do water hunting, wet sand, damp sand and occasional dry sand.

Never used or tried either - web searches tells me:

Stavr + Carbon fiber handle is lighter than the Stealth (720) setup according to the internets. Handles are equal length, same material - effectively the same. Stavr is 2.5lbs, the Stealth about 3lbs.

It is also about $120 cheaper....which almost buys waterproof headphones.

Stealth + Carbon fiber on the the other hand has a much better handle mounting system. Is domestic (USA) in the case of repairs. Seems to be a slightly better digging design due to point and length, appears equal in sifting.

Is it a big deal to drill and screw in the carbon fiber handle on the Stavr? Does it hold well or wobble or fill with water? How does the Stavr hold up overall.

I know these are two of the highest end scoops. I don't mind paying top dollar for the best, IF it is quantifiable better. If it isn't, then I'd rather put the $120 to something else.

Xtreme is a copy of the Stealth? I think they are about the same price, I'd rather go with the original. Not sure though I will take a closer look.

+3

Xtreme, Until Stavr changes the screw hole in the gooseneck for handle lock down, to the updated style - quick release system, Xtreme #1, John also besides ash handles, has 2 type's of Carbon Fiber Handles to choose from , happy hunting.

Yes! That screw in method I'm skeptical about.

What about Stealth vs Extreme, they look so similar to one another?

Xtreme, Until Stavr changes the screw hole in the gooseneck for handle lock down, to the updated style - quick release system, Xtreme #1, John also besides ash handles, has 2 type's of Carbon Fiber Handles to choose from , happy hunting.

Yep, John is awesome. Really stands behind his products too and quick to help out if you have any problems at all. I've had 3 Stealths in the past and they were also great but heard that the guy (a member here I think?) retired and now theyre made in a large scale asian run manufacturing facility in California instead. Not sure how true that is but the Xtreme's are super nice and I think he has some new designs coming out this summer as well.

Azmodeus

Nice to know, also to set the record strait , the last post said , copy- someone else's design , he was correct , the truth come's out, ask Stavr himself , his Hex hole design- was copied , and applied to the -920ix , and -720i who is really the copy cat, my finding's- all the scoop manufacturer's get design's from each other , what matter's to me , getting a quality 304 stainless ribbed scoop , with good weld's , at a fair price, that will hold up, and is backed by the manufacturer , nice to know the new company facts', however i plan on buying all my scoop's from Xtreme, down the road, happy hunting. https://xtremescoops.com/ I added the Surf Master X3 to my tool box with the Anderson CF handle not in last picture . PS All Clad , this is what i had to do on my Stavr M-9, drilled through added nut and bolt, drilled another hole nut and bolt, Stavr need's to move to the quick release goose neck lock down system, i say two nuts two bolts top and bottom different design , even more handle security , last pick , mod of Stavr M-9

Attachments

• P1000920.JPG
    P1000920.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 362
  • P1000916.JPG
    P1000916.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 342
  • P1000913.JPG
    P1000913.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 355
  • P1000921.JPG
    P1000921.JPG
    179.1 KB · Views: 345
  • P1000912.JPG
    P1000912.JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 343
  • P1000473.JPG
    P1000473.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 357
  • StavrSunspot Fromm Gold 002.JPG
    StavrSunspot Fromm Gold 002.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 357
  • StavrSunspot Fromm Gold 001.JPG
    StavrSunspot Fromm Gold 001.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
Nice to know, also to set the record strait , the last post said , copy- someone else's design , he was correct , the truth come's out, ask Stavr himself , his Hex hole design- was copied , and applied to the -920ix , and -720i who is really the copy cat,

Going with a logical (common shape) hole is entirely different than... copying the entire scoop's engineering, build, design, and even namesake..

<°)))>{

No Scoop War's Here Simple Matter---

Take that up with Stavr , he used- Stavr's design , and i have past , present , Stealth's , time frame's- when they were made to prove it, Stavr might even chime in himself to set the record strait, sad BUT TRUE, :violin::wave: CYA RIP:digginahole: LOL Serious ? :shock: How many detector salesman sell Anderson , and Trident product's :sarcastic::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::clap:

Point is

Really it doesn't matter, you brought OBN into this , ill ask him, Chuck made his own CF shaft, Xtreme sells after market Anderson & Trident, don't know what Stavr makes or sells , you tell me, does it really matter, all my scoops except 1 in SS have Ash handles, however i do like the Anderson, i do wonder if i would like the Trident , what are the differences between the Two? Ps its 220 am here , going to bed, 129 pm low tide to catch, running a Excal Blue , with pp, skullies, and Nel 12x13 Tornado today, the depositors dont come till Mid June, fresh drops are not there , fly over in your jet , and seed my beach with 24k gold, you can drop off a new AQ to boot, cya all tomorrow night.

Back
Top Bottom