Black hand thing with aluminum handled scoops?

Mountain Mike

Elite Member
So has anyone got a good idea on a coating or covering to prevent this? Its pretty irritating when your hands and shoulder are black at the end of the day. I really don't want to wear gloves.

Attachments

• 20190414_175312.jpg
    20190414_175312.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 503
So has anyone got a good idea on a coating or covering to prevent this? Its pretty irritating when your hands and shoulder are black at the end of the day. I really don't want to wear gloves.

In the past I used plasti dip. Comes in an aerosol spray.
If using the aerosol spray it will take a few coats for satisfactory coverage. Some colors are bright and really require a base coat of white to make the colors "pop"

You can probably get it powder coated local for $20..

Tell em to coat it while they're running another job.. For that price you probably won't be able to pick what color though..

<°)))>{

Powder coat or start with marine grade aluminum pipe. The type they use to make boat railings or towers.

I see a few guys have recommended powder coat. I will have to check into that. the last time I asked someone local about it they wanted stupid money. something like $100 per wheel but that was 10 years ago. I will check into it but my fixes are usually a little simpler like the gorilla tape, plasti dip, or shrink tube. Never seen shrink tube that big tho.

I see a few guys have recommended powder coat. I will have to check into that. the last time I asked someone local about it they wanted stupid money. something like $100 per wheel but that was 10 years ago. .

That price per wheel included stripping of the factory powder coat already on the wheels, which isn't necessarily easy.. Your scoop won't need that much prep work..

<°)))>{

Simple Solution

Go with 304 stainless , with ash, or Carbon Fiber handle . UPGRADE , all my scoops are SS except 2 smaller dry sand Rtg scoops, i find using them less , as i just use the SS in the dry, after using them in the wet sand & water, a nice SS 304 stainless with good drainage is all thats needed to do all , you might claim it's a little heavy , however the trade off is a faster target recovery , happy hunting.

Back
Top Bottom