• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Traded for a nice predator shovel yesterday.

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
I really like this one.
I think it’s a ranger predator shovel. Model 65
It digs real good.
2pqueiw.jpg

Here’s a video done by predator tools I think showing my shovel.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8_7iZ38ZIM

Overall length 35.5”
Not very heavy for how sturdy built.
https://www.predatortools.com/collections/shovels/products/model-65-ranger

Never used a D handle, that thing looks hungry just sitting there.
Thinking of a lady bug or barracuda for the wife.

Dang bro

I wouldn't want to have a dual with you, id loose , i edited my post , get 2 pad's before your foot slides off and you need stitches, ya they are bad a--, i wouldn't want to hit an electric line , :laughing: My 31 Sampson's are getting time out :shock:

Last edited:
I wouldn't want to have a dual with you, id loose , i edited my post , get 2 pad's before your foot slides off and you need stitches, ya they are bad a--, i wouldn't want to hit an electric line , :laughing: My 31 Sampson's are getting time out :shock:

Naw I won’t get any pads.
Tell you what though.
I wonder if the foot holds were cleaned real well, sanded some and put some spray on rhino liner on. Won’t get the extra weight pads add by doing.

Might have to reapply every 6 month since or so. No biggie.

Anyone else tried, reckon??

Heavy Duty

Steel backed , hard rubber , each pad comes with the wright size bolt and a lock not, perfect fit, bolt wright on each side, for you 20 bucks is worth it, a few more oz's isn't a big difference , pays off when your foot doesn't slip off slicing up your inner calf , :laughing: , Dave i bet you have Firestone tires on your truck howboutit :lol:

Steel backed , hard rubber , each pad comes with the wright size bolt and a lock not, perfect fit, bolt wright on each side, for you 20 bucks is worth it, a few more oz's isn't a big difference , pays off when your foot doesn't slip off slicing up your inner calf , :laughing: , Dave i bet you have Firestone tires on your truck howboutit :lol:

Nope, have general tires on my truck.
Used shovel again today. I love it.

Mine is a bit old and rusty, still great!

I got this same shovel with the T handle about 4 years ago. I use it for Metal Detecting and field work (I’m a biologist and delineate wetlands and need to see soils). When I first got it, there was a bad weld where the shovel met the handle. Luckily, I have a nice welder and did the repair without spending another $60 to ship it back and forth. My shovel is now pretty rusty, but still a great digger. I use it for areas with deep targets. I rarely have shorts on so slicing my calf is not a concern. I also rarely step on the blade. I just put my weight on it and saw a plug with a plunging motion. Much easier that using the Lesche. 4 years and no stitches yet and no close calls. Not sure how you would be using it and get sliced.

Cheers,
Fishermanjuice22

I have a hand made one similar to yours but it has a fiberglass handle and the blade is not as heavy/strong as yours.. Beefy shovel you have. good luck and HH

Lol

Dave , better than Firestone :laughing: I see they are putting Firestone on dodge truck's :shock:, before i buy another one , they will be changing them out :D

Back
Top Bottom