Stinkin Dad! (Damn Kids! chapter 2)

oblivion321

So, I've been super busy so far this so called "Spring" here in NY. Work, car troubles, college stuff for my oldest...and finally today after a long day I had a few minutes to spare. Got home and said to my 7 year old boy, "Hey Bud. I'm gonna go out with my machine for a few minutes. Want to come?" His reply; "Sure.I'll watch you dig rusty nails.:p" He actually made that face. In case you want to know what started this , it's here https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=259518. So I walked blindly to the middle of the yard and picked a random spot. Turned my machine on and got a choppy signal first swing. Something told me to dig. I couldn't let this little punk show me up. I hit a root immediately and was told, " Keep going. Diggin junk is easy for you" So here it is. My oldest coin. 1827 large cent....:p. Yup. I actually made that face:laughing:

Attachments

• lc front.jpg
    lc front.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 216
  • lc back.jpg
    lc back.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 194
Yea I went through that "phase" with all of my 4 kids....until I started to pull 3-4 silvers EVERYTIME I went out to "do that Dad beepy thing".....:laughing:

Now they still smirk but at least I get no grief.

Yea I went through that "phase" with all of my 4 kids....until I started to pull 3-4 silvers EVERYTIME I went out to "do that Dad beepy thing".....:laughing:

Now they still smirk but at least I get no grief.

Secretly, I'm rooting for him. He is actually my Grandson I've been raising from an infant, and he has some " getting focused and connected" issues. I finally found something that he is very good at, enjoys, and we can have friendly competition and learn together. He'll show me up again soon.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom