Finds: English countryside.

Doug

Elite Member
Finds over the last 2 weeks.

Lots of fields under water with unseasonal heavy rains and the seeding being behind by approx. 4 weeks which makes finding fields to search quite difficult.

Still I managed to find several fields that was just about possible to search.

Thanks for looking...........Doug.

Local wildlife the other side of the gate where I parked my car.
oi2jkPk.jpg

2nd/3rd century Roman coin.
l3iAOgd.jpg

Various finds.
M3p2Owi.jpg

2nd to 4th century Roman coins.
cnYOwtm.jpg

Roman pottery black burnished ware AD75-400.(surface finds)
kqVFIyT.jpg

Copper alloy knife handle terminal resembling a claw hammer-head C1450-1600.
2FSO3Gk.jpg

Cut half silver coin Henry 3rd AD1216-72
GJFQ9Nv.jpg

Hotel token, unsure of date.
9KbBkuQ.jpg

Example.
m7Xz7b0.jpg

What looks like an insignificant small piece of flat metal with two holes in it turns out to be part of a Roman silver finger ring AD200-325.
Ksk9D5R.jpg

Example: Photograph courtesy of the Portable Antiquities Scheme.
T4V1kXZ.jpg

Amazing finds Doug!
When I flew over you last week on my way home from Italy I was wishing I had a parachute:lol::laughing:
Keep up the great work:D

wow, to be able to touch such history in one's hands from searching in the dirt.. I would be out there 24/7 if I had a smidgen of a chance of finding such treasures.. always impressed..

Thanks for sharing!

You make me want to quit metal detecting in America. I love that old stuff you find. It must be nice to have that kind of history under your feet. We enjoy your post. Thanks for sharing... KEN :D

Amazing history saved!! I can't imagine finding anything like that.....Thank you for sharing, I love it!!!

Wowzer!:wow: Keep these Find’s coming Doug!

Thank you Ron, will try my best to keep the finds coming.

Your posts never cease to amaze. Thank you.

Thank you.

Fantastic digs Doug, congrats!

Thank you.

Amazing finds Doug!
When I flew over you last week on my way home from Italy I was wishing I had a parachute:lol::laughing:
Keep up the great work:D

Thank you.

wow, to be able to touch such history in one's hands from searching in the dirt.. I would be out there 24/7 if I had a smidgen of a chance of finding such treasures.. always impressed..

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you.

Wow, those are some ridiculously old relics! Thanks for posting! :)

Thank you

Great Historic finds, congrats!

Thank you.

So jealous! WTG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.

Well done on the little bits and bobs and thank you for another well structured, informative, and interesting post! :cheers3:

More than welcome Mr Mud.

You make me want to quit metal detecting in America. I love that old stuff you find. It must be nice to have that kind of history under your feet. We enjoy your post. Thanks for sharing... KEN :D

Thanks Ken.

Amazing history saved!! I can't imagine finding anything like that.....Thank you for sharing, I love it!!!

Thank you.

Doug, I love it when you identify the age of a Roman ring from a minute piece of twisted silver but, you can't put an age on the rather modern hotel token! Great digs as always. Thanks!

Doug, I love it when you identify the age of a Roman ring from a minute piece of twisted silver but, you can't put an age on the rather modern hotel token! Great digs as always. Thanks!

GQ.

The ring date came from my FLO (Finds Liaison Officer) who is the link between the museum and the detectorist for ID'ing finds, recording finds on the data-base and setting up any treasure inquests with the local coroner.

I emailed a photograph to her and from the photograph she came back with a possible ID.

I will hand the item in to her later this week to be recorded on the data-base.

Token, Weymouth became a popular holiday destination with the arrival of the railways so possible Victorian?

Back
Top Bottom