Campground Hunt......

Vermonster

Elite Member
Went camping the other day in the desert. Decided to bring the F2 along to kill some time with the kids, turned out to be a big hit. 4 boys from 2 families, ages 7/9/11/13, all enjoyed either swinging the detector or doing the digging. I got a little time to run around also, but it was almost 100 degrees each day, so I didn't wander too far, work too hard, or spend more than 20 minutes or so out of the shade......Ugh......

Anyway, the pocketknife was one of the first finds, 100 yards into the desert behind the campsites. It was in the open position, and cool for the 11 and 13 year olds that were with me. They also dug the 50 cal bullet, and a couple hunts later, I found the casing closer to our campsite. There has been lots of military training around that part of the desert over the years. Also found a Disney pin, a smashed yin/yang ring, a simple ball earring, and the nice gold fox pendant, running the full gamut of jewelry. That was the last thing I found, and literally 5 feet from our picnic table at our campsite...... :lol: HOWEVER, even though it feels like it weighs decent, the crude construction, and the fact there are no marks on it anywhere, tells me it's junk. Oh well, what could have been......

So, fun time. Our friends' kids may have found a new hobby, as the older one swung it more than I did over the 2 days, I think...... ;)

Attachments

• camp.jpg
    camp.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 325
  • Camp 2.jpg
    Camp 2.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 318
Looks like you accomplished your goal of spending time with the kids and having fun.

You could also setup a stand and sell all the used tent stakes that you found.:laughing:

Ray

Looks like you accomplished your goal of spending time with the kids and having fun.

You could also setup a stand and sell all the used tent stakes that you found.:laughing:

Ray

Tell me about it.....:lol:

I actually have found dozens of them at the beach too. Lots to go around......;)

100 degrees? Where are you hunting? Inside a Dutch oven? :laughing: Really though, what a cool thing you got started there VMonster! Nice finds!

Man V that looks like a good time all around! I went hiking years ago, maybe decades, in Joshua Tree and eyeballed a 50 cal shell and link or two out in the middle of nowhere really.

That fox looks cool for sure, acid test if that loop is soldered closed maybe ?

Man I miss the desert (AZ native)....

Nice work man!

Great hunt! That looks similar to our typical campground spoils. Good cleanup.

Thanks. Was fun to poke around.

100 degrees? Where are you hunting? Inside a Dutch oven? :laughing: Really though, what a cool thing you got started there VMonster! Nice finds!

Imperial Valley here in CA......;)

Man V that looks like a good time all around! I went hiking years ago, maybe decades, in Joshua Tree and eyeballed a 50 cal shell and link or two out in the middle of nowhere really.

That fox looks cool for sure, acid test if that loop is soldered closed maybe ?

Man I miss the desert (AZ native)....

Nice work man!

I'll have to look closer, cause it's nice and yellow, but probably just a recent drop.....

Congrats Sean an some great time out and sharing it with the youth. The pocket Knife looks to me like a "Buck" and not in bad shape. Hope the yellow pin turns out to be real. It would be a great cap to a fantastic adventure weekend. Trapper

Congrats Sean an some great time out and sharing it with the youth. The pocket Knife looks to me like a "Buck" and not in bad shape. Hope the yellow pin turns out to be real. It would be a great cap to a fantastic adventure weekend. Trapper

Thanks. The knife is a Khyber, and unfortunately, the fox is available for somethhing like $1 each. Probably not gold......:lol:

Sounds like a fun time with a nice assortment of finds.

Thanks Jason!

It sounds like you had a great time out with the kids! Big Congrats!

beephead

Thanks. Yes, kids loved it, good times. ....

Back
Top Bottom