It Actually Happened! I Didn't Find Any Silver Today

beephead

Elite Member
I did a lot of swing today hitting several sites that I've hit hard before. As much as I tried, I couldn't find a silver coin. There just weren't any there to find! I did find some clad coins, wheat pennies, a dollar token, a heads/tails coin, and some kind of copper figurine.

Not one to give up so easily, I started looking for some virgin ground to detect. As I was riding down the street I spotted an old man pushing a garbage cart down his driveway to the street. I turned around and pull up beside him and asked him how's his day was going? He said, he has had better. I got out of my SUV and started talking about his cats, how long he has owned his home, his stroke that he around 3 years ago, etc. Then I popped the question, can I have your permission to metal detect your yard? He said sure you can.

This is were it gets strange, he said don't I know you? Don't you swing a machine that finds coins in the ground? I said yeah. He said that he used to live on so and so street and I used to come by there all time. I told him that I've detected all up and down that street. It sure is a small world!

The permission that I just got is so good that I didn't even want to start today. I want savor the thought of getting to detect this 1920's yard. Keep in mind I JUST found a SLQ in the grassy area between the curb and city sidewalk right in front of this house. A year or so ago I found a Walking Liberty Quarter in same grassy area. So there should be silver in the yard!

Here's the big question. Which detector do I start out with first and which search coils do I use? My 10 turn ground balance Cibola, my MXT Pro, my Deus or my newly acquired CTX 3030? I'm thinking maybe my Tesoro Cibola in case there's some gold jewelry in the yard. Oh this is going to fun.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 248
I don't have any suggestion on what machine to use, but keep us posted! There's going to be some goodies in there for sure. (I also like the censor on that flip coin) :p

OHHHH if we could All have such a Dilemma :laughing:

You definitely have a knack for the Silver and your permission skills are Amazing.. I bet you could sell Slushies (cherry of course) to Eskimos in the dead of Winter..

Great Job Beep !!

Sorry about the silverless day but I know you are excited about hitting that new permission tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing all the silver you are going to pull out of that yard.

Beep, even without the silver your finds are up there in the cool factor zone, I bet that permission is going to provide! Nice work!

I would start out with your simplest machine and go up from there: compadre, mojave, outlaw, cibola, etc. That ought to keep you savoring that site:laughing:

I don't have any suggestion on what machine to use, but keep us posted! There's going to be some goodies in there for sure. (I also like the censor on that flip coin) :p
Sometimes the best looking sites turnout to be duds, but I've got a good feeling about this one, because of what I've already found in the curb strip.

OHHHH if we could All have such a Dilemma :laughing:

You definitely have a knack for the Silver and your permission skills are Amazing.. I bet you could sell Slushies (cherry of course) to Eskimos in the dead of Winter..

Great Job Beep !!
Thanks! Before getting into the building and land developing business, i was without question the leading new home salesman in the Mid-South. I took to selling like ducks take to water. Talking someone into letting me detect their yard is a whole easier than talking them out of their life savings. lol

Sorry about the silverless day but I know you are excited about hitting that new permission tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing all the silver you are going to pull out of that yard.
Thanks! I can't wait to see what this site is going to give up. I'll post some pictures of the site to show everyone what it looks like.

Beep, even without the silver your finds are up there in the cool factor zone, I bet that permission is going to provide! Nice work!
Thanks! The anticipation has got me fired up!

I would start out with your simplest machine and go up from there: compadre, mojave, outlaw, cibola, etc. That ought to keep you savoring that site:laughing:
Not long now and I've still haven't made up my mind.

Still good finds Beep! Good luck on the permission!
Thanks! I'm fired up! I sure hope that this site delivers some nice finds.

Stay tune everyone!
beephead

Take em all Beep, I mean, there's street lights right? Sounds to me like a place you could put a tent in the yard and hunt til there ain't nothin left!!!

Take em all Beep, I mean, there's street lights right? Sounds to me like a place you could put a tent in the yard and hunt til there ain't nothin left!!!
The yard isn't all that large. I should be able to cover it pretty good in a couple of days. Rain is coming in late afternoon. I plan on getting a permission from the guy that lives next door. Right now I'm killing some time because I don't like driving in the rush hour traffic. In the Summer time when things heat up, I beat the heat and rush hour traffic by going super early.

beephead

No silver but still some cool finds. Good luck on the new permission.
Thanks! I hit pay dirt on my new permission and got another permission lined up for the house next door. It took me less than 2 minutes to get that permission. I did way too much digging today. I'm going to lay off from detecting a few days.

beephead

Beephead, start with the 3030, IT WILL find the silver. Cant wait to see pictures. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

Sounds to me with all of the holes you plan to dig you need to help him plant a garden! Good luck. I vote Mojave.
I did my share of digging with the home owner watching. When I got through you could hardly tell that I've been there. I stomped all my plugs really good.

Beephead, start with the 3030, IT WILL find the silver. Cant wait to see pictures. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

Thant's what I did. LOL LINK

beephead

I modded my Cibola also... a sweet deep machine . Best of luck on your hunt.. get back on the silver

Drop that CTX in there.
Dude might change his mind. Grab the loot right off the bat.
At least thin it out.
Nice finds
Congrats.

Back
Top Bottom