Yep, Virgin Ground! Finally I Said Enough Is Enough

BeeHead,

What a great hunt and story by the old man.

"He told me back in the late fifties and early sixties there was a house across the street from his house where a nice looking widow lady lived with a bunch of kids. A married man who owned a service station would come by regularly and toss a big hand full of coins out into yard for the kids look for while in went inside and had his way with the widow lady."

I have always wondered on some things I have found what was the story behind how it got to where I found it.

I haven't had the nerve to ask for permissions, but can see I am missing out on a large portion of our hobby.

BGHAWK

PS: Hope you get a chance to hunt at the place the old man mentioned also.

Last edited:
He told me back in the late fifties and early sixties there was a house across the street from his house where a nice looking widow lady lived with a bunch of kids. A married man who owned a service station would come by regularly and toss a big hand full of coins out into yard for the kids look for while in went inside and had his way with the widow lady.

Now that's just one reason why some yards have more silver coins in them than others. I'm going to get that address from Lee, because all those coins that man was tossing where pre 1964 silver coins and I bet you the kids didn't find them all. lol

That place has been hammered to death. You won't find nuthin' there; everybody knows that. :laughing:

seriously though, really hoping you can get on that! GL & HH!

He told me back in the late fifties and early sixties there was a house across the street from his house where a nice looking widow lady lived with a bunch of kids. A married man who owned a service station would come by regularly and toss a big hand full of coins out into yard for the kids look for while in went inside and had his way with the widow lady.

Don't Bother the is nothing Virgin about that Ground :laughing:

Thanks for sharing that great hunt. Please tell, how did the Deus fare following behind the CTX 3030?

Wow! Beep, I think you right about virgin ground. A super day digging for sure. Congrats on a 6 Silver day, all those Wheat's and a lot of digging. Hope the back yard and the neighbors produce for you also. Trapper

BeeHead,

What a great hunt and story by the old man.

"He told me back in the late fifties and early sixties there was a house across the street from his house where a nice looking widow lady lived with a bunch of kids. A married man who owned a service station would come by regularly and toss a big hand full of coins out into yard for the kids look for while in went inside and had his way with the widow lady."

I have always wondered on some things I have found what was the story behind how it got to where I found it.

I haven't had the nerve to ask for permissions, but can see I am missing out on a large portion of our hobby.

BGHAWK

PS: Hope you get a chance to hunt at the place the old man mentioned also.
Thanks! Don't be afraid to ask for permission. The worse thing that can happen is they'll say no. I don't door knock because I know I don't like people knocking on my door and I'm sure that other people feel the same way. I catch them out in their yard and do a little chit chat with them before popping the question.

That place has been hammered to death. You won't find nuthin' there; everybody knows that. :laughing:

seriously though, really hoping you can get on that! GL & HH!
Thanks! I've always wondered why some yards have so many silver coins and others don't. It would be a hoot to get to detect that yard that old man told me about. Once I get the address, I'll have to come up with a good story to tell the new owners why I'd like to detect their yard. lol

Don't Bother the is nothing Virgin about that Ground :laughing:
Well I'm going give it a shot! From the best I can tell it's in an older area of town. It's raining its butt off today, but the next time I go over and detect that old man's yard I'll get the street name and address of his older residence.

Sounds like the homeowner had some fun too. Nice silvers.
I think I'm going to plant some extra tomatoes this year, thanks for the tip!
Thanks! He's a hoot! He has a lot of fun stories to share. Even after his stroke, his still witty and funny as hell.

Mercy Me! What a great story and a ripper of a hunt! :laughing:
Thanks! I'm not through with that yard yet. I still have the backyard to do and I'm going back over the front yard at least two more times with different detectors. I figure it hasn't really been hunted out until I hit it with a Tesoro.

Congrats on a fantastic bunch of finds !
Thanks! I have high hopes for more goodies coming out of that yard. It's going to rain all day today. I like to wait a day or so after a big rain to do any digging because I don't want to leave a muddy mess at a permission.

Thanks for sharing that great hunt. Please tell, how did the Deus fare following behind the CTX 3030?
Thanks! It didn't find much that the CTX went over. The Deus did scream silver on 2 coins that the CTX hadn't been over. If I had started with the Deus first, it could have been a different results. Who knows?

Wow! Beep, I think you right about virgin ground. A super day digging for sure. Congrats on a 6 Silver day, all those Wheat's and a lot of digging. Hope the back yard and the neighbors produce for you also. Trapper
Thanks! I'm going to use this yard as a test project by going over it with a bunch of different detectors and digging it all above iron.

beephead

That's a whole year's worth of cool finds for me:laughing: I'm looking forward to what your tesoros pick out of that yard. Hope you get to feeling better.

Back
Top Bottom