New PP Switch And 3 Days In A Row!

imalookin2

"In Memory Of"
Forum Supporter
First off I want to give a BIG thanks to Cliff (CDV) and OBN (Joe or what ever your damn name is) :laughing: for the help getting the parts so I could FINALLY do a PP switch on my Teeny Weenie Excal. I took it out yesterday and today to test it and I would say it is a huge success. Thanks Guys!!

Wednesday I hunted a beach and found thin sand out in the water. I scored the 18K band and crusty silver. Thursday I went back and scored the spinner ring, 10K ring and the 14K band. Today I went back again to the same beach and dug up 2 Tungsten bands, one .925 earring and a nice 10K channel band with ice. Nice! Except for day 1 all the finds were using the PP switch. Seems to be working fine. What do you think? :D

Attachments

• IMG_0631.JPG
    IMG_0631.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_0628.JPG
    IMG_0628.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_0629.JPG
    IMG_0629.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_0630.JPG
    IMG_0630.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_0626.JPG
    IMG_0626.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_0625.JPG
    IMG_0625.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 369
Looks good, Now do you feel you could have found these without? Me It seems it helps on the ocean beach's a lot but the bay I have yet to dig a faint that was a ring. Now your gulf would be like my Bay.....

Also about once a month you may want to clean out the toggle boot. Out of about 50 plus remote PP's that went out I have had 2 bads, returns and it was because they were never cleaned out and the hunters hunt a lot...see if I can find a picture...

so thats where all the gold is going. Nice hunting there Tex.

pic

this one still worked but was close to death

Attachments

• OBN0250.jpg
    OBN0250.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 327
this one still worked but was close to death
I wrapped rescue tape around the bottom of the boot. I will probably wait a couple months and re-do the tape to see how it is holding up. That thing works so sweet! I run sens high now and PP until I get a target. The rings were all within normal disc mode but I did get some coins that did not show in disc but they did in PP mode. Just a matter of time until I get deeper gold. The reason I kept going back to that same beach is the sand pushed up on the beach. The bottom was hard shells. Perfect for old gold!

Congrats!

Just to be clear, you are hunting in PP right?
Yes, hunting full time PP mode high sensitivity. A quick switch of the toggle to check and move on if blank null. I was never a fan of hunting in PP mode until now. After 2 days of it I am totally sold on depth and quickness.

Yes, hunting full time PP mode high sensitivity. A quick switch of the toggle to check and move on if blank null. I was never a fan of hunting in PP mode until now. After 2 days of it I am totally sold on depth and quickness.

You ought to try the 10" in pinpoint:D

Your doing good, and you just started....The PP mode really turns the Excalibur into a great machine, and wait till you can swap coils...the ULT..

I hunted 'No Target' beach tonight in PP. Only clad tonight, but I will stay in PP for awhile to see what results I do get. One thing I notice is I don't seem to get the black sand chatter. Boy that was nice! And it did hit very strong on a nickel, which haven't been real strong tones lately in descrim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome ring and mods! Couple questions for you and Old Beach Nut. With the toggle, I have to keep the stock knob in pinpoint for the toggle to work. Is this the same for you? Would it be the opposite if the wires soldered to the board were reversed? Would that make a difference at all detecting wise, like depth or anything? Also, I noticed that with the toggle in all metal I had to slow my swing down a lot, at least in the dry sand. If I swung to fast it wouldn't pick up clad. If I swung the same speed in disc it would sound off. I also have the SEF 10"x12" coil, if that makes a difference.

For sure a huge thanks to OBN!!! The PP switch is awesome. Going in the water tomorrow..gotta love a guy who knows his stuff!!:gettinmoney::

Back
Top Bottom