Kid's say funny things.

goodtimecharlie

Elite Member
Seems like kids are drawn to our act of metal detecting. Today was a first while hunting a local beach a young man approached me as I was hunting with my Tiger Shark and ask me if I was looking for Tiger Shark eggs. LMAO!:laughing:

One kid, 6 or 7 asked me what I was doing a few feet off the bank. I told him I was hunting for buried treasure. At that moment when I said that, I pulled up a five ounce fishing weight. I handed it to him and said its yours. He acted like it was a chunk of gold.

I tell them I'm looking for Bigfoot (Because I use the Bigfoot Coil) and their eyes light up! <giggles>

Not kids, but...

I hunt a park that is in a sketchy part of town. It never fails that I get a meth-head or two stop by to see what I'm doing. They never stay long and they are always nice, but clearly high as a kite.

I had a kid of about 7-8 approach me and ask "What are you doing ?" I said why, I'm metal detecting young man ! he looked at me and said "Metal Detectors are a myth" and I said my wife wishes that were true...

Some kid called out "LOOK EVERYONE, IT'S THE METAL EXTERMINATOR" or something like that… and a huge flock of kids swarmed me. :roll:

I had a mom with 3 little girls walk up to me while digging a plug recently and ask where the bathrooms were at the park....one of the youngins asked what I was doing...so I reached in the pouch and grabbed a few coins to show her....

She then asked...

"Why do people bury the money?"

:lol:

I was in the water detecting and kid asked him mom what I was I doing. She said looking for treasure. His eyes lit up and asked if I was a pirate.

About a year ago, I was at the beach swing my Excal. A little boy about 6 looks up at me and says "Sir....is that a real gun you are using" :laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom