Hello from Southern California

TectorTom

Hello All,

My name is Tom and I'm from Southern California. I thought that I might try my hand at metal detecting as I have fond memories of doing this with my Grandfather some 30 years ago. I seem to recall we searched around the beach at Lake Gregory in the San Bernardino mountains. I can still remember having a plastic butter container full of coins from the search.
I plan on purchasing a Fisher F2 (from one of this sites sponsors) having read many posts and opinions on this and other forums. I'm just trying to decide which accessory package to purchase along with the detector. Here's a link to the webpage - any advise would be appreciated.
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/fisher/fisher-f2buy.htm
Thanks and good hunting,
Tom

Welcome to the forum from northern California. Glad you joined us.

I'd jump on the "Combo Kit"...two coils are nice and the extra shaft is something that many forget when adding an extra coil to their arsenal.

Welcome again and Happy Hunting!!!

Welcome

Welcome to the forum. Great to have you on board. Good luck with that new detector.

Hey Tom, I'm originally from So. Cal., Orange County area, now live in Central Ca., glad you're rekindling the old desire. Happy hunting and share the pics!! :yes:

:cool:

Welcome to the forums from the land of rain... er well that's the Northwest. I'm just west of Seattle. Great bunch of characters here, lots of experience to glean from. We can't wait till we get to see what you find. Good or bad, junk or clad.

Welcome Tom and A Big Howdy From Alabama. Remember if you have any questions about anything just ask, there is a wealth of knowledge in this database.

Welcome Tom.

As far as the package goes,

I didn't care for the 10" coil.

Two reasons.

It was less sensative than

tha 8" coil, and it did not get

much more depth than the 8".

But it does cover a little more

ground.

I didn't notice any other reason

to get tha big package.

happy Huntin,

Tabdog

Welcome Tom! I too have been looking at and am interested in the F2. I am leaning toward just the additional 4" coil, I have read good things about using it in trashy areas. Good luck with whatever you decide on!

HH,
Rick

Welcome from a former Riversider! If I had a MD when I was back there, I'd bring it to the river where Bain and Jurupa intersect in Mira Loma. Lots of runners and horseback riders there.

emdees

Thank You Everyone!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and the advise! I think that I've decided to get just the 4" coil and the pinpointer kit along with the F2. I'll probably also add an extra lower shaft since I understand this speeds up coil swaps. I can't wait to get my first "tone" even if it's only a pull tab!

Happy Hunting,

Tom

Back
Top Bottom