Bank attendants

CX2K

Just a quick rant....

I've noticed that when I go into a bank and ask for halves or some other coin, the teller just tells me no and doesn't bother to ask her co-workers. It's as if she thinks I'm only asking her personally if she has half dollars.

In the interest of customer service, wouldn't it make sense to ask "anybody have any half dollars?". Happens to me all the time. Usually I ask them to check with their co-workers or sometimes the other tellers will overhear and offer their stash.

Anyone else have this problem?

John

Sometimes it can be a pain in the butt because they think it is a pain to go look for it in the back of the bank. It just that their lazy or someone else bugs them all the time for coins.

One thing to try is go to a bank where you have an account and find out who is the "vault teller". That person handles the coin roll orders. I was directed to the vault teller and she was very helpful, telling me that I could order as many as I wanted. I also found good silver in bank wrapped rolls. I would call the bank, ask for that teller, and tell her how many I wanted to pick up. I also never took the coins back to that bank. I have a fairly large account there, so I'm sure that helps. I stopped doing the roll searches after a while, because I was only finding the 40% halves, and I didn't have as much free time to do it.

It is best to form a relationship with one or two of the tellers (or the vault teller as mentioned above). And it is also good policy not to bring the halves back to the bank where you get them. I would always spend them. RickO

Back
Top Bottom