WW2 hunting-tripp in Norway! (with pictures)

Massiss

Went out hunting at a ww2 defense-post at my city (Aalesund) yesterday :) First 1, 5 hours only gave me a button, but the last 30 min did something else. A coin from the last set of coins (not worth anything, and can't make a date, + 14 bullets in the same hole! There where 3 diffrent types: "RA (means RAUFOSS) 1940", "RA 1941" and one marked " P162 9* 8 39". From a Mauser 8mm? The button didn't have any markings, and one RA 1940 isn't on the picture, as I forgot to put it there. Also, the headstamps are much more clear in real-life ;)

53857.jpg

53858.jpg

53862.jpg

53859.jpg

53860.jpg

53861.jpg

Great finds!

Great finds :) But I wonder if the button is related to WW2 or older.

Nice pile of stuff there. The last 30 minutes paid off. I guess hitting just the right spot is what it's all about.
John

Nice pile of stuff there. The last 30 minutes paid off. I guess hitting just the right spot is what it's all about.
John
At least I know where to go next time i'm there :grin: Anyone have any idea at the button?

Pretty cool finds! The button looks to be from the 1800's as well as a viking shield. Nice job!
Could be a modern too, it was very close to the ground (about 1cm). Is there any way I can test if it's silver?

Could be a modern too, it was very close to the ground (about 1cm). Is there any way I can test if it's silver?

Just because it was near the surface doesn't always mean that it's modern. I've pulled coins from the 1700's about 5cm.

Best way that I know of is to take it to a jeweler to have them tell you.

Still a cool find!

Indeed P162 is the headstamp for German 7.92 rifle ammunition, made by Presswerk GmbH, Metgethen in East Prussia.

Kind Regards,
Simon.
Thank you for confirming this :clapping: Gonna take the button to a jeweler and get it tested.

Back
Top Bottom