Coin Roll Hunting

bbader61gv

Decided to stop searching through pennies for wheats and move on to collecting nickels from 1964 and older. I went through $20 worth of nickels and found about 24 nickels from then and older. I looked into finding out if any where silver and I got one! A really dirty 1945-S War Nickel (35% silver) I cleaned the coin up and although it is a bit worn it cleaned up pretty well.

Cool find and I think I ll keep searching nickels now.

Congrats on that war nickel. I've been hunting the nickels for about 4 months now and have only found 2. You might want to rething your dates for saving because they minted a bazillion 1964's and you will soon be drowning in them. I only save 1959 and older, but you do what you want. If you ever find a buffalo be sure to let us all know because that will be really cool!

Hey bbader61gv, if you're looking for quick profit, do dimes and half dollars. There's still a bountiful amount of silver to be had in those!

Hey bbader61gv, if you're looking for quick profit, do dimes and half dollars. There's still a bountiful amount of silver to be had in those!

But those are far and few between.... :(

Keep filling up that book like you said you wanted! Congrats on the War Nickel....regardless of profit, it is fun just to be looking through coins! HH
NC

But those are far and few between.... :(

Keep filling up that book like you said you wanted! Congrats on the War Nickel....regardless of profit, it is fun just to be looking through coins! HH
NC
Not exactly. When I do around $250 in dimes and I usually net 5-8 rosies :D

My bad....I don't usually drop $250 for a bunch of dimes like that.
NC, just set aside $250 to do dimes (I personally do customer wrapped to get that amount of silver). I don't look for the rare clad ones because frankly, I don't have enough patience to. I just open the roll, pour it out onto my hand in a way so it stays in the row formation, look for silver, and dump it back into the wrapper. If there's silver I take a dime out of my change jar and replace it. It takes around 20 mins to finish $250 and if you work near many banks you can probably turn it over for a fresh $250 4-5 times a week. That'd be my CRH-ing heaven :D

Good technique, i've wondered how people go through so many coins in one sitting....
It actually goes real quick the way I do it. It's really a thrill opening a roll and hearing the sound of silver come through :D

I too agree that saving 64's is kinda useless. There are so many even today, that they'll never have any value in my life time. I save 50's and earlier myself.

NC, just set aside $250 to do dimes (I personally do customer wrapped to get that amount of silver). I don't look for the rare clad ones because frankly, I don't have enough patience to. I just open the roll, pour it out onto my hand in a way so it stays in the row formation, look for silver, and dump it back into the wrapper. If there's silver I take a dime out of my change jar and replace it. It takes around 20 mins to finish $250 and if you work near many banks you can probably turn it over for a fresh $250 4-5 times a week. That'd be my CRH-ing heaven :D

Yea, I utilize the same strategy on other denomenations...I just personally don't want to dump out $250. Different strokes... :confused: ;)

you use sanitizer on your hands when your done, right? :)
i do crh to fill up my whitman and dansco folders, havent found silver yet. but it is relaxing, i totaly zone out on everything but dates dates dates on coins coins coins it's a huge stress reliever for me.

i forgot to mention the reason i collect and love coins, and this reminds me a bit of crh- was when i was a kid about 5 or 6, my parents would go to the moose lodge and to keep me occupied they would give me a huge bowl of change and tell me to go through it and find wheat pennies, kept me out of their hair for hours :) ahhh memories

you use sanitizer on your hands when your done, right? :)
i do crh to fill up my whitman and dansco folders, havent found silver yet. but it is relaxing, i totaly zone out on everything but dates dates dates on coins coins coins it's a huge stress reliever for me.
I wear disposable gloves :D (don't worry, I use them multiple times).

Back
Top Bottom