Another bunch of lake finds

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
In hunting inland lakes I just don't go to swim areas, I hit parts of the whole lake. In one lake in Oakland County I stumbled upon a bunch of interesting items from after the Civil War.

First the bullets. 45 and 45-70 all dated between 1883 - 1896. 19 45's and 3 45-70's on a drop-off. The buttons and the bayonet US holder button and the bayonet and the eagle were in the same spot alomg with two very old gold rings, one with a latin inscription inside. The eagle is suspect that it came from the same era.

Still trying to find a cannon.

Cool stuff!!

Good luck on the cannon! If anyone would stumble onto one, I'm sure your chances are really good! Might consider a Lake Erie dive somewhere, maybe the bass islands area..

<*)))>{

In hunting inland lakes I just don't go to swim areas, I hit parts of the whole lake. In one lake in Oakland County I stumbled upon a bunch of interesting items from after the Civil War.

First the bullets. 45 and 45-70 all dated between 1883 - 1896. 19 45's and 3 45-70's on a drop-off. The buttons and the bayonet US holder button and the bayonet and the eagle were in the same spot alomg with two very old gold rings, one with a latin inscription inside. The eagle is suspect that it came from the same era.

Still trying to find a cannon.

That is awesome....can you post the 2 gold rings? I would love to see those. :D

Back
Top Bottom