Advice Needed - sale of recent find

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Ok, some of you saw my post on the awesome half Tongue Buckle i found recently. I am not a Civil War or Military memorabilia collector and I am considering selling the piece.

I have never sold a relic I have found and need advice on how to proceed. Should I have the Buckle cleaned? should I leave it as is? You get the picture.

Should I use eBay or try to find a very specific site/business dealing in this type relic?

Any of your thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Jerry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would sell it as is and let a professional or collector clean it, not being rude or anything but I would hate to see it lose value by improper cleaning methods. As for value I don't really know much about that dept. If it were me I would get a general value and throw it on eBay for collectors to fight over. I hope someone can give you a general price range so you can make some extra spending money :p HH!

I would sell it as is and let a professional or collector clean it, not being rude or anything but I would hate to see it lose value by improper cleaning methods. As for value I don't really know much about that dept. If it were me I would get a general value and throw it on eBay for collectors to fight over. I hope someone can give you a general price range so you can make some extra spending money :p HH!

Thanks CD. That's about what I had in mind. I can't believe how much these things sell for. Even half buckles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO the memory/experience of having the buckle is worth more than what cheapstakes on ebay will pay.

Back
Top Bottom