Let's have an honest debate!

I have never taken a penny in that manner but......if I see a coin I think is valuable in there I want.....I take it and replace it with about 3 times as many coins. I believe in Karma.....it can really bite hard.....lol

I have taken one out of my pocket and switched it for a shiny 1968S that was sitting in the tray. My wife rolled her eyes at me yet again.

......and if you did't have a penny to switch out you could do this - :laughing::laughing::laughing:
taplap1.jpg

I won't do it. It's just weird to me having a penny tray. Only a few times I have been checking out and the clerk has reached in there on my behalf because I was digging for change and told me "Don't worry about it", just because reaching in the tray was faster than I could finish digging in my pocket. If I'm short which has happened a few times, I tell them I'll go out to my car and be back in a second, and when I do come back, always give them a little over what was owed for letting me go out and come back in.

One clerk at a local gas station, which I can't stand now, consistantly asks "want your pennies?" To me, this shouldn't even be a question when giving someone their change back. The first time she said it, it caught me off guard and I was like, "Um, well yeah", and she gave me a weird look. Now I think she asks me every.single.time just to irk me for fun. I went in there last weekend (I actually try to avoid this place now) and when she handed me change she said, "Oh, I'm three short". I just walked out shaking my head, debating on whether to go back in and tell her, "okay, I'll just wait right here while you run to the bank" and see what she did. I just won't go back there anymore. :roll:

Won't be too long,,,dollar bills be put in them.

Give a dollar,,,take a dollar.

Does have a ring to it,,, right???

As a rule I don't take 'em but once or twice when pumping gas at a station I overshoot my limit by a cent or two and the cashier will reach over and take the pennies out of the tray.

As for pennies I put and take or swap out new for old. When it comes to nickels and dimes I take and take. So if you are in line in front of me and don't want your hand smacked, don't reach for that nickel!!! joe

I swear, I have saved every penny found in the past who knows how many years but today I spied one underneath the counter at my beer store. I turned it heads up taped it once and put it into their take a penny cup. I never, ever do that.. Must be the full Moon..

Ive used pennies from the penny cup when I had some in my pocket , just seemed quicker than going through my pocket change at the time. Hey....that's what they are there for right ? I return the favor a lot too , if my change is going to be a penny or two I often just tell them to put it in the cup or keep it to help cover shortages at the end of their shift.

Nothing wrong with using pennies from the cup at the store , just don't do it with the offering plate at church :lol:

While I could pick a penny off the ground.

I would not do that unless I needed a penny. Never had anything given to me but a hard time lol.

Back
Top Bottom